Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old mrsdukes

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Gold

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
mrsdukes is on a distinguished road

Help Me!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 08-28-07 , 11:09 PM

I just posted an ad to sell a ring and none of my pictures would upload. I spent hours taking them and now none are going to show up! What did I do wrong? I put in all the photos I wanted but the upload would not complete itself. I tried several times. Then I tried to post the ad and there it went! Now its gone to administration for approval and I feel stupid because I'm now a person who posted no pictures. I tried! Why did this happen?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old GilbertZ

My Profile
View profile photo
Technical Support : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: My heart on my sleeve
Visit my blog Diamond Blog: Diamonds MT 2.5 Largest unseen Diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 1000
GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=7763, In=1682
Referrals: 18

Re: Help Me!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-29-07 , 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdukes
I just posted an ad to sell a ring and none of my pictures would upload. I spent hours taking them and now none are going to show up! What did I do wrong? I put in all the photos I wanted but the upload would not complete itself. I tried several times. Then I tried to post the ad and there it went! Now its gone to administration for approval and I feel stupid because I'm now a person who posted no pictures. I tried! Why did this happen?

Send me the pictures to gilbert @ the domain name of this site
(aka diamondring.com)

and I'll put them up for you...

GilbertZ signature
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 472
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-29-07 , 09:25 AM

Usually it's because you need to reduce the picture size (pixels).

Amy

Old mrsdukes

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 08-29-07 , 09:30 AM

Yes, Itried again last night with the help of my hubby and we think it worked, but it hasn't shown up yet. Thanks very much, I was so frustrated!

Old mrsdukes

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 08-29-07 , 09:32 AM

I delisted the original ad and now hopefully the new one will appear. If not, I'll try again tonight. Thanks again.

Old patsmom

My Profile

Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute patsmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 08-29-07 , 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdukes
I delisted the original ad and now hopefully the new one will appear. If not, I'll try again tonight. Thanks again.

I think you should have left the original listing alone. Gilbert would have just posted your pictures in that listing. Now I am not sure that he can retrieve your old listing and post your pictures. You might want to contact Gilbert and ask if he can still assist you now that you deleted the listing. You may have to start all over.

In the future, I use Irfan view, which is free software to downsize your pictures. I simply reduce the pictures in half and they post immediately. Once that happens, it can take up to 24 hours for the administration of this website to approve your listing, but after that you can list more pictures or edit your current listing and pictures.

Good luck with your upcoming sale. I can't wait to see the pics.

Old GilbertZ

My Profile
View profile photo
Technical Support : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: My heart on my sleeve
Visit my blog Diamond Blog: Diamonds MT 2.5 Largest unseen Diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 1000
GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=7763, In=1682
Referrals: 18

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 08-29-07 , 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmom
I think you should have left the original listing alone. Gilbert would have just posted your pictures in that listing. Now I am not sure that he can retrieve your old listing and post your pictures. You might want to contact Gilbert and ask if he can still assist you now that you deleted the listing. You may have to start all over.

It's ok either way. I'm sure it'll show up today.

Quote:
In the future, I use Irfan view, which is free software to downsize your pictures.

That's a great tip. I use Irfan for most graphic stuff too. Much quicker than loading up photoshop.

http://www.irfanview.com

Quote:
I simply reduce the pictures in half and they post immediately.

Actually, you can crop or resize the picture to 700 width (height is unlimited) and then upload...

When I resize pictures for others, I try to crop the width first, removing extra stuff like blank space or background unrelated to the jewelry...then if that's not enough, I'll just click on resize to 700 width, keeping the image proportional....and then it's ready to go...

GilbertZ signature
Read Messages in: Getting the most out of this forum All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic How do I see my listing by megan007
Up a Topic BlueNile com vs New York diamond district posted in DIAMONDS by Steve44
Older:
Down a Topic Forum rules by TaoGem
Down a Topic New to me forum posted in Greet New Members by EdwardBristol