Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old rbone100

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
rbone100 is on a distinguished road

Re: Alexandrite available?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 05-12-09 , 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven
When I was in the carribean on a cruise they were saying its so rare and no one can afford it .Then I checked the TV shopping channels and see alexandrite being offfered.Ok not in large carat weight but in rings, bracelets, earrings and such. I was thinking it is probably not the same quality as "russian" alexandrite that was what they were supposedly selling in the carribean...I had bought a Levian Alexandrite years ago and sold it cause I never wore it or saw any color change .I think that was Indian Alexandrite.
So does anyone own any, if so what do you have?

Hey Maven.... I am on vacation in St Maarten (On my honeymoon with my wife) as I am writing this (I will be here until 5/16 staying in Oyster Bay Beach resort) and walked in to Majesty jewlers by the lure of the Alexandrite sign that they had out front stating that it is the rarest jem. I got the same pitch as you---Only 100,000 people have ever seen one and only 1,000,000 people own....

Just trying to figure out if you think that the rings that they are selling are a good deal?!?!? Luckily I have brought my laptop with me and have internet connectivity at the resort....

I take it from this post that the stones that Majesty jewlers are selling from the Mark Henry collection are indeed authentic??? I looked at the cert but I really don't know what I am looking at but it is a 3rd party cert. The alexandrite that is in the ring (I believe .33 ct) surrounds a diamond.

Just want to know your thought on the authenticity of the collection that they are selling.

Thanks!!!

Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 272
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=16803, In=5944
Referrals: 24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 05-12-09 , 04:53 PM

Our latest natural alexandrite that we sold was this princess cut one. It had really nice color change.

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Attached Images
103 princess alexandrite.jpg

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 362
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=264, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 05-12-09 , 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbone100
Hey Maven.... I am on vacation in St Maarten (On my honeymoon with my wife) as I am writing this (I will be here until 5/16 staying in Oyster Bay Beach resort) and walked in to Majesty jewlers by the lure of the Alexandrite sign that they had out front stating that it is the rarest jem. I got the same pitch as you---Only 100,000 people have ever seen one and only 1,000,000 people own....

Just trying to figure out if you think that the rings that they are selling are a good deal?!?!? Luckily I have brought my laptop with me and have internet connectivity at the resort....

I take it from this post that the stones that Majesty jewlers are selling from the Mark Henry collection are indeed authentic??? I looked at the cert but I really don't know what I am looking at but it is a 3rd party cert. The alexandrite that is in the ring (I believe .33 ct) surrounds a diamond.

Just want to know your thought on the authenticity of the collection that they are selling.

Thanks!!!

I think Mark Henry color change was quite good but they were really small tiny pieces( most of them less than 1 carat) and quite pricey/Now they are being sold by all the cruise lines via columbian emeralds.
Do I beleive the hype? No....................... .....
There is alexandrite from india as well ( not as good color change though)
There was one Mark Henry mounting that I loved when I saw the picture in print ..unfortunately ( or fortunately for my hubby) they never had that one available to purcahse anywhere I was.
I have purchased an alexandrite and I love it.The setting and diamonds make it outstanding and just the right ring for me.Color change is not as dramatic as Mark Henry but this ring really spoke to me!
So my advice is to buy what you love.
That loose princess that Jan from DBOF posted was gorgeous.....I can recommend them for anything , they are fabulous.
I am off to weurope,first a 2 night stay in braceleona dn then a cruise with port stops in italy , france...so I'll see what europe's prices are..but I suspect I can anything I want here for less.
Well maybe a small cameo from Italy..just as a souvenir?
Enjoy your trip, internet access is hard to come by.
You probably can check out columbian emeralds website I assume they sell mark Henry there as well as the cruise ships.
The certificates were from EGL I thought I recalled.
Let us know if you buy anything.Check out the network jewelers who may also have alexandrite.

maven signature
Don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it~ Maven
Old smurk2010

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
smurk2010 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 09-11-10 , 10:35 AM

Me and my fiancee have recently engaged and came across a treasure of a ring... we were lucky to get it for what we did and were blown away by the appraisal. It is a certified natural 1.2 ctw russian alexandrite "flawless" accompanied by 6 small diamonds at a .12 ctw. set in solid 14 k white gold... it is appraised at $4550 USD recently appraised on the 6th of september. We want 60% the appraised value. If you are seriously interested please reply and i can send pics of the ring and the appraisal certificates.

Old smurk2010

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
smurk2010 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#30 @ 09-12-10 , 04:27 PM

i Have a russian alexandrite. Contact me right away you are going to love this ring. Has 6 diamonds with a total ct. weight .12. This is solid 14k white gold. Flawless and changes to some beautiful colors. There is only 100,000 out there and I have one of them. Appraisal is available and is at $4,500.00 I will be willing to give this beautiful ring up for $2000.00 or best offer.

Old Dennis12

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Dennis12 is on a distinguished road

Alexandrite available?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#31 @ 09-13-10 , 01:32 AM

yah its great colur an ddesign too.

Gemstone Search:

Budget:  

Old Catchersmom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Catchersmom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#32 @ 11-18-11 , 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenjewel
Here's a pic of my Chatham alexandrite wedding ring:

Believe it or not, I've seen a NATURAL one this quality, almost 3 carats!

My great-grandfather had a 5.5 carat natural Russian Alexandrite ring custom designed for my great-grandmother. The ring has been passed down to me. I actually own a 5.5 carat Raussian Alex!!! The stone is perfect in clarity and the color change is from green to a redish purple. It is the most amazing stone. It is beautifully cut, round, flawless in a 8 pronged 24k gold setting.

Read Messages in: GEMSTONES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic many sizes of stones by Pamdavis
Up a Topic Help me choose posted in DIAMONDS by BAzza81
Older:
Down a Topic Rarest Gem by GIA
Down a Topic PWJ Does anyone know posted in DIAMONDS by cheryllynn