Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old missyricker

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
missyricker is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 12-08-03 , 08:05 PM

Well since it is better to give than to receive, I have something to give. A story.....

I met the sweetiest little boy this past year, he is one of my sons friends. When I first met the little boy (I will call him Sam)(not real name), I was very surprised at how quiet and shy he was. I thought all 10 year olds were like mine.
After getting to know his parents, I was told he was there foster child and they were waiting to adopt him.
As time went by, Sam has spent alot of time at my house and I was able to get to know him a little better. He opened up with me and shared a few things with me.
Sam, who now has my heart, told me some things that I thought would never come out of a little boys mouth. Especailly this sweet little boy.
He came from a very disfunctional home. He endured nightly beatings from his drunken mother and father. His parents put cigarette burns all over his body. His father would let friends (men) do things that were unspeakable to him. He would take punches and kicks so that they would leave his two year old baby brother alone...ect.
When he told me this one night he spent the night, I was speechless. When I went to bed that night, I literally cried my self to sleep. How could this happen to such a sweet little boy???
This past Christmas, I went to pick my boys up for there last day of school for there Christmas break.
While I was waiting for them to gather all there Christmas goodies from there party, the Highschool cheerleading squad was hanging the "Christmas Thankful stockings" on the wall. These were from the 4th grade class (my sons class). While I was waiting, I started to read all the childrens thankful notes they wrote in there stockings.
Most of the children wrote "Thank you Santa for all the presents I got last year". Or, "I got a playstation for Christmas". ect...
And then there was Sam's. As I read this, I made the cheerleaders stop hanging them and asked them to read it also. We were all in shock.
He wrote, " I am thankful for my new home", I am thankful that today my foster parents finally got to adopt me" and now I have a new mom and dad". And I thank them for intruducing me to God and Jesus".
My jaw dropped to the floor. I had to choke down the tears that were building up inside of me.
The things Sam was thankful for are the things alot of us take for granted.
Family.........
I give you this story because Sam gave me something that day I read his stocking.

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old TerriJo

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
TerriJo is on a distinguished road

Since we are already crying.....
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 12-08-03 , 09:39 PM

We can all be thankful for our kids and their health.

My youngest daughter is 11 years old. Two weeks ago she came home from school and told me that her teacher took her and another of her friends out into the hallway and told them their other friend was very sick and they needed to call her when they got home. She told them that Felicia was not going to be at school for a long time and she thought that Felicia should be the one to tell them what was going on. I just knew it was something really bad.

My daughter and her friend tried all weekend to get ahold of her. On the following Monday Felicia and her parents came into my restaurant. Her parents have been regular customers for a long time and are very nice people. They came up to the counter while Felicia sat in the booth with her grandparents. She didn't look very good. I told them that Heather was very worried about her and had tried to call all weekend. They confirmed my fears and told me they just found the cancer and they were starting the chemo very soon. I tried my best to not cry in front of them, I just couldn't hold it back. The tears streamed down my face. I am sure they have already cried enough and the last thing I wanted to do was to make them cry again.

When I left the counter I went into the back kitchen and bawled my eyes out. I cried because I can not imagine the fear her parents are feeling, the fear of loosing a child. I can't imagine how helpless they must feel. When your child hurts, you hurt. You want to make everything all better. I cried for what Felicia is going to have to go through. No child should EVER have to experience that and especially during Christmas.

All of this crying led to more crying because I thought about my handicapped nephew that died 2 days before Christmas and was buried 2 days after Christmas in 1998. He went into a coma and never came back to us. That year was when I stopped having any Christmas spirit. Every night after work I would go up to the hospital to sit with his mother. When you see all those kids in Pediatric ICU it breaks your heart. It makes you see Christmas in a whole new way.

This year I was going to try and get the Christmas spirit again.............. until I found out about Felicia.

Old msmithmomx2

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
msmithmomx2 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=59, In=4

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 12-08-03 , 11:47 PM

Thanks for the reminders you guys! I'm thankful that my children are happy and healthy and I realize how lucky I am but it never hurts to think about it again and again!

msmithmomx2 signature
Melissa

"There are two ways of spreading light -- to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton

"Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will
elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come
and
sit softly on your shoulder."

-- Henry David Thoreau

"Itís hard to beat a person that never gives up."

-- Babe Ruth
Old Kamuelamom

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Kamuelamom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 12-09-03 , 12:23 AM

Missyricker thank you for sharing that gift. I was in tears reading it and it is the real reason for the Christmas spirit.

TerriJo, your story about Felicia touched me as well. You should not be so shy about posting here. I don't know when you actually began posting but welcome. You're correct, no one should have to endure the pain of losing a child, but there is always a *reason* which we don't often understand. I leave it to my Lord Jesus to sort those things out for me.

God bless you all.

Old Musthave

My Profile
Sapphire : offline
Years:

My Karma
Musthave is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 12-09-03 , 12:36 AM

Thank you.

Old kentville

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 91
kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute kentville has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 12-09-03 , 07:57 AM

My husband and I with the help of our church, have been doing food bskets at thanksgiving and Easter for the past 9 or 10 years. We knew this year would be bad because of the economy and such. My minister delivered to one family who had a little boy. When they delivered the food, the little boy took the rolls, tore off the wrapper and started shoving them in his mouth as fast as he could. Come to find out, the little boy ate school lunch on Friday and never ate again until he returned to school on Monday!!! The parents could not afford to put food on the table. We've added them to our list of people to help through the year. It was so sad. I find it incredible that in today's world there are still people going hungry.

Old starsongmemory

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
starsongmemory is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 12-10-03 , 10:08 AM

Thank all of you for posting these stories, it truly does keep things in perspective. While I myself have no children, it still sears the soul to think of the suffering so many children endure, not just at the holidays, but year-round.

Before I had to quit my job to become a care-giver to my Mom, I used to ask the staff at the retail clothing women's shop that I managed to please try to take a moment on their lunch breaks and regular breaks to speak kindly to elderly persons they encountered.

So many of our elderly citizens deal with a level of loneliness and depression that we younger people can scarcely imagine! So many have lost their spouses, their children ( if they have any) and grandchildren have moved far away, that a smile and some friendly words from a stranger can mean more than we realize.

Please take that minute when you're out shopping for gifts, or at the grocer's to speak, smile, (and most importantly truly listen to those who just need to talk) and brighten that lonely senior citizen's day! Just as we were all children once, so too will we age.

StarsongMemory

Old littlebit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 68
littlebit is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 12-10-03 , 01:37 PM

That is so touching. Thanks all for sharing your
stories. I will be praying for the children.
I am SO thankful for my childrens health.
I can ONLY imagine how they must be feeling right now.

littlebit signature
Littlebit
Read Messages in: Jewelry Contests All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic New Contest by kentville
Up a Topic GGG Gemological Grading Group posted in Appraisal & Insurance by jason7868
Older:
Down a Topic Blue lapis Contest by Amatrine
Down a Topic 36 carat emerald posted in GEMSTONES by Portal2012