Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts

Real or Fake? Cartier Trinity Wt.gold with pave all around
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 07-01-08 , 03:21 PM

Hi people, I already bought the ring but I'd like your expert opinions or feedback. The ebay number is 300235340057. My user name is Misslpc1 and the seller is AICL. I had it appraised and it came back as 18k with great diamonds and workmanship so I think it's real but maybe you all have more experience with this sort of thing or with the dealer. Thanks! Laura

Attached Images
P6250749.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 363
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=277, In=0

Re: Real or Fake? Cartier Trinity Wt.gold with pave all around
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 07-01-08 , 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslpc1
Hi people, I already bought the ring but I'd like your expert opinions or feedback. The ebay number is 300235340057. My user name is Misslpc1 and the seller is AICL. I had it appraised and it came back as 18k with great diamonds and workmanship so I think it's real but maybe you all have more experience with this sort of thing or with the dealer. Thanks! Laura

I vote FAKE, All FAKE, Every one of their many listed ...ALL FAKES.

Wow you were really taken.
Amazing that people think they can buy these high end pieces from non reputable sources and then ask if they are FAKE?

Does LOUIS VUITTON have an outlet and sell to ebay sellers ??
NO.
None of these design houses do.

Multiple tiffany, Cartier and designer jewelry ,handbags are all knockoffs and fakes.

IF someone buys a designer bag or piece of jewelry and later decides to sell it they list one not MULTIPLES of the same..

Red flag..
An ebay seller with 800 not all positive feedback selling exclsuive tiffany and cartier jewelry..
Sure ,
right...
NOT

maven signature
Don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it~ Maven
Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts Misslpc1 is infamous around these parts

gee, tell me how you really feel
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 07-01-08 , 07:19 PM

Okay, got it, you think it's fake. I don't think I was taken though as it was appraised at over 11k. It's a beautiful ring and it is real 18k gold and diamonds so it might be fake Cartier but it is real jewelry and made beautifully.

Is one bad feedback out of 800 that bad? Laura

Old DandiAndi

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 114
DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 07-01-08 , 10:55 PM

Well, Cartier or no Cartier, I'm insanely jealous of you for owning such an exquisite ring!!!

DandiAndi signature
*~*~* Andrea *~*~*

Thought for the day:

"If a man is standing in the forest talking, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

(As quoted by my darling hubby )
Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Thanks
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-02-08 , 12:48 AM

Thanks for the kind words Andrea. It is so pretty I find myself just twisting my hand all around to see it sparkle. I'm sure you have many lovely things yourself, like a cute guy in your picture! I don't have one of those! That's why I have to buy my own rings!

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  August?s Custom Engagement Ring Spotlight

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 445
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=4445, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 07-02-08 , 08:54 AM

Hi,

Ebay is notorious for being an outlet of designer fakes. There is a huge industry in making these fakes in China, etc.

Is there a chance that this ring is a Cartier?

Slim & none and slim is on vacation, would be my opinion.

My advice, if you still can is to return for refund.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 473
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 07-02-08 , 02:35 PM

Hi Laura. I'm not sure if it's genuine or not, but it looks like a gorgeous ring! Very sparkly! The $11K appraisal sounds inflated to me though.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 07-02-08 , 02:44 PM

Thanks Amy. They appraised it at the current selling price for the Cartier ring which is 11.2k here. Since only Cartier can authenticate Cartier they couldn't 100% confirm it was Cartier but they believe it is and so do I. If I can ever figure out how to take better pictures and get them posted I can show you all the markings. I think all appraisals are sort of inflated since jewelry has such an insane markup. In this case it's probably 6k for the ring and 5k for the Cartier signature! Laura

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute

Re: gee, tell me how you really feel
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 07-02-08 , 06:31 PM

Quote:
Okay, got it, you think it's fake. I don't think I was taken though as it was appraised at over 11k. It's a beautiful ring and it is real 18k gold and diamonds so it might be fake Cartier but it is real jewelry and made beautifully.

Is one bad feedback out of 800 that bad? Laura

Actually when I used Toolhoaus.org I notedthey had @ 5 negtaives mantyrelated to fakes.
But if your happy with a fake enjoy it!

maven signature
Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

I stand corrected
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 07-02-08 , 07:32 PM

Okay, 5 out of 800, I guess the other 795 of us are wrong. What is that, about one half of one percent? I'm sorry that someone must have really hurt you to make you such a negative person. I can live with my ring, appraised at $11,200 the current price for the Cartier, and use the other $5000 to go on a fabulous trip. You can pay full retail and pin your receipt to your lapel so everyone knows. I challenge you and anyone else who doubts that it is real to find an 18k white gold Trinity ring with excellent diamonds, the Cartier signature and makers mark, eagles head, 750 stamp on the internet and post it here. You won't find it because I searched for two weeks before I purchased the ring. Tiffany silver and the Cartier Love bracelets and rings are a cinch to fake, not this ring. The main things that are faked that are Cartier are the watches, and Love jewelry. And yes, I did a very thorough search of the Chinese market as well. I think a counterfeiter would probably use 14k gold and fake diamonds if they were going to go to the effort. Go ahead find me one. Even the Memoir version sells for 6k and isn't as nice as the Cartier.

The fact is many people are forced to sell their jewelry due to the tough financial times, divorce or death and go to jewelry consignment stores rather than trying to find a buyer on their own. I know of two women who had to sell their wedding and engagement rings to a store near us because they found out their husbands cheated on them and they needed money fast. There are a million reasons high ticket items get resold, repossession, theft, government auctions of items confiscated in crimes. You never know.

Of course Cartier and Tiffany don't sell wholesale, but there is a lot of authentic jewelry being resold all over the world and even though I didn't like the seller's attitude very much, she was vouched for by Signed Pieces and several other people that I contacted from her feedback that also had their pieces appraised for insurance purposes. I'm pretty sure the boxes she uses are fakes because most people don't keep them for any length of time and I know you can buy them for a dime a dozen, it's just done for the sake of sending it in something that looks nice. I don't give a fig about the box, just the ring.

I wish you well, I can't wait to see what you can turn up for me! Laura

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Re: I stand corrected
Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 07-02-08 , 08:23 PM

Quote:
Okay, 5 out of 800, I guess the other 795 of us are wrong. What is that, about one half of one percent? I'm sorry that someone must have really hurt you to make you such a negative person. I can live with my ring, appraised at $11,200 the current price for the Cartier, and use the other $5000 to go on a fabulous trip. You can pay full retail and pin your receipt to your lapel so everyone knows. I challenge you and anyone else who doubts that it is real to find an 18k white gold Trinity ring with excellent diamonds, the Cartier signature and makers mark, eagles head, 750 stamp on the internet and post it here. You won't find it because I searched for two weeks before I purchased the ring. Tiffany silver and the Cartier Love bracelets and rings are a cinch to fake, not this ring. The main things that are faked that are Cartier are the watches, and Love jewelry. And yes, I did a very thorough search of the Chinese market as well. I think a counterfeiter would probably use 14k gold and fake diamonds if they were going to go to the effort. Go ahead find me one. Even the Memoir version sells for 6k and isn't as nice as the Cartier.

The fact is many people are forced to sell their jewelry due to the tough financial times, divorce or death and go to jewelry consignment stores rather than trying to find a buyer on their own. I know of two women who had to sell their wedding and engagement rings to a store near us because they found out their husbands cheated on them and they needed money fast. There are a million reasons high ticket items get resold, repossession, theft, government auctions of items confiscated in crimes. You never know.

Of course Cartier and Tiffany don't sell wholesale, but there is a lot of authentic jewelry being resold all over the world and even though I didn't like the seller's attitude very much, she was vouched for by Signed Pieces and several other people that I contacted from her feedback that also had their pieces appraised for insurance purposes. I'm pretty sure the boxes she uses are fakes because most people don't keep them for any length of time and I know you can buy them for a dime a dozen, it's just done for the sake of sending it in something that looks nice. I don't give a fig about the box, just the ring.

I wish you well, I can't wait to see what you can turn up for me! Laura

Well here is a thought for you to ponder why was it so important for you to have a cartier signature ring if it was fake, a fraud a knock off????.
I mean what was the point??
Am I to think all you wanted was a phoney signature replica?? Low standards I 'd say.
If you want the prestige of owning a designer either buy authentic or settle for knock off's.

If you knew this seller was selling knock offs why would you buy it?
Fake is fake.

You can't fool anyone with a knock off cartier.

Why not go to cartier's and ask them what they think of your wonderful acquistion?

My guess is they'll question , report and posibly arrest you for buying a knock off , and allowing patent infringement and crime to perpetuate.

Ask yourself if you intended to help crime and support criminals by buying that knock off garbage.

I only buy athentic, designer jewelry and diamonds with certificates.

I wont support sellers who deal in knockoffs,fakes, replicas and cheap imitations in any fashion.

In fact as I think of your post and reply ,I wonder if you might be that ebay seller trying to solicite business here for knock offs. You are so defensive about feedback and plugging away about a bogus apprasial from a dishonest seller, yeah right that is really worth its weight in paper I'm sure!

You probably could have gotten the same look in CZ's for a few bucks ,unless you are showing your bogus hallmark signature to everyone you meet .
Whatever floats your boat!

maven signature
Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Dear Maven
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 07-02-08 , 09:01 PM

The reason it was important for me to have the Cartier ring is because I am a huge fan of Jean Cocteau who is my favorite artist and who created the original tri-color ring. I am not as lucky as you and cannot afford to buy a new ring at Cartier so I opted for a used ring on ebay. I also drive a used Lexus, is that fake too? After all there are a ton of them on ebay. I didn't buy a knock off, I bought a used ring. The next time I get to San Francisco or NYC I will definitely bring the ring to them for cleaning. If I can get something in writing I will post it here for you. In the mean time I will post my appraisal certificate after it arrives in the mail in a couple of weeks if that will appease you.

I hardly think that Cartier would have me arrested! But who knows, maybe I'll end up on Cops! I don't support crime, or buying 'knock off garbage' as you call it. You must have pretty good garbage if it's 18k and diamonds.

Believe me, I'm not the ebay seller! That is too funny, if you don't believe me email her, her name is Stella and she thought I was a pain in the ass for asking so many questions about the ring. She lives in Florida and I live in CA.

The appraisal I got is from Spitz Jewelers in Walnut Creek, CA. Feel free to google them and check their reputation and their web site. They have been in business since 1946.

I don't show off the Cartier signature to anyone, it's for me, because I love the artist and I have wanted the ring for years. You are a lucky woman Maven that you can obviously afford the best in life and not give a thought to cost, but some people still enjoy having beautiful things and are willing to buy them second hand if that is the only way we can enjoy them. I also buy designer clothes at resale stores, I'm a bit of a second hand Rose.

I don't know why you have been so mean to me, I've certainly never done anything to you to deserve such venom.
Your signature says 'don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it' that pretty much says it all, that all you have to say is negative. If you want to believe my ring is fake trash then so be it, all you had to say was that you didn't think it was real, not attack me personally and insult me. Anyone who reads this thread will see that your posts speak volumes about your character. Giving me -109 karma points is really vindictive.

Sincerely, Laura

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 07-02-08 , 09:55 PM

Quote:

You asked for opinions and feedback and then get all annoyed when they were not what you wanted to hear.
Appraisals are seldom worth the paper they are written on , they are inflated mostly for insurance purposes. They certainly do not authenticate your "Cartier" purchase. You did not buy a second hand ring you bought one of many that a seller who repeatedly sells cartier had to sell which indicates they are replicas.
If your happy with your purchase good for you, But if you were I doubt you'd be asking for opinions and feedback.
What is most important is that you are satisfied with your purchase and that you love it .
I certainly am not wearing it.

maven signature
Old Misslpc1

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

I give up Maven
Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 07-02-08 , 10:03 PM

Again, I asked for an opinion in the spirit of fun or hearing from other people who had experience with the seller, not to be attacked or demeaned.

I don't even understand what you mean when you say it has to be a replica. Certainly you don't believe that there is only one such ring in the world? What do you think happens to rings when people die or need to sell them. Anyway, I give up, there is no reasoning with you. I wish you well and hope someday you'll see the light. I won't be replying to you anymore so feel free to have the last word.

Sincerely, Laura

Old JBougie

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Wedding Ring

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1

My Karma
Power: 62
JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of JBougie has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 08-25-08 , 04:26 AM

It sounds like to me you just came here looking for a bit of attention and a pat on the back for getting such a great deal. If that's the case, you've come to the wrong place.

When you want an opinion about if your purchased item is legit or not ... you're going to get some blunt answers.

I personally think it's a fake and that you got scammed. You could have probably worked out a nice deal with your local jeweler and got something that looks similiar to that for a better deal than what you spent.

If you are so concerned its authenticity -- take it to Cartier.

They will tell you.

And if they tell you it's a fake, you should not only report but file charges against the EBay seller.

If you're happy with it being fake, then wear it. It's still sparkly - the brand name isn't what makes a diamond shine (although it sure helps sometimes! haha)

But there really isn't much of a reason to come on here and get snotty - just because you get an answer that you don't like doesn't mean you can start trying to de-bunk the reasons people give you for claiming it is fake.

If you don't want to accept that possibilty, don't post and ask for opinions becuase I assure you no one on here is going to sugar-coat things and try to help your ego and tell you it must be real when it smells like nothing but a knock off.

I personally would think that buying knock off jewelry would be like buying a knock off Kate Spade bag. Everyone who has a real one knows yours is fake, it only looks real to you because you've never had a real one. That's why I personally would never buy anything fake. And, if you don't have the money to buy a real one - oh well. Either keep on saving up or hope you meet Mr. Right and he gives you one hell of an awesome anniversary present some year.

Read Messages in: MEMBERS COLLECTIONS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Gemelli s RHR by Gemelli
Up a Topic 18k White Gold Chandelier Earrings Diamonds Citrines posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by ninot
Older:
Down a Topic Treble clef ruby ring by singingbell
Down a Topic Happy Anniversary to LisaMom CastoCreations posted in Chit Chat by FoxyandSexy