Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old ladyluck

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
Power: 100
ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-26-02 , 12:02 AM

Over the next few days I will be emailing all the winners of Mercier's generous giveaway with details about a monetary collection for him. This will at least help to offset some shipping costs he will have to absorb. There is no amount too small or too big. To get an idea of exactly what airfare from Singapore costs to your destination feel free to check out usps.com.

Also, if you are leary about electronic payments and would rather send paper money I will include a PO Box for you to send the money.

Please check out this thread:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=15484

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old ladyluck

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-26-02 , 02:39 AM

I just finished emailing and or pming all of the winners with the exception of Buttercup, Chetjet3, Gin's mom and Kabuki. No email or pm was listed for you folks. So, if you are interested please feel free to contact me and I can send the details along.

Old Gin

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Gin is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=14
Referrals: 13

ladyluck
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-26-02 , 02:51 AM

As I stated in your replyl, I will take care of the shipping costs for 'gin's mom'.

Actually, 'gin's mom' will be here in Utah the whole month of May and her strand is being sent along with mine.

Thank you again, ladyluck, for offering your time to take care of this.

Old ladyluck

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 04-26-02 , 02:53 AM

Not a problem Gin. I posted the above names before I received your email Thanks!

Old chetjet3

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
chetjet3 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 04-26-02 , 07:08 AM

Hi! I sent you an pm - please just let me know the details!

Thanks!

Old mercier

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 81
mercier will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 04-26-02 , 07:13 AM

Hi LadyLuck

I am truly touched by your offer.......and I appreciate so much the thought behind it, but I think I should have the final say on this issue,

and I really want this to be on ME.

Please do not collect any money on my behalf. You cannot judge the shipment rates by UPS because I will be using my local postal service, anyway

I've had an awesome month of business this month and the free shipment is my dearest pleasure to offer to my DT friends. Please don't take this pleasure from me.

I will *definitely* tell you all if I think of anything that I would like.

Thank you so much for your consideration. I would now ask you to retract your offer though.

Thanks,

Mercier

mercier signature

"Lord I give you my Heart, I give you my soul, I live for you alone. Every breath that I take, every moment that I'm awake, Lord have your way in me.

This is my desire, to honour you. Lord with all my heart, I worship you. All I have within me, I give you praise. All that I adore, is in you..."
Old Cyberkat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 72
Cyberkat is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 04-26-02 , 07:44 AM

Mercier,

You're a beautiful person with a wonderfully generous heart. You're one in a million!!

Cyberkat signature
Cyberkat
Old ladyluck

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma

PLEASE SEE
Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 04-26-02 , 08:17 AM

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...84&pagenumber=2

Old Bella

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Bella is on a distinguished road

So many beautiful people!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 04-26-02 , 08:19 AM

Iím all for contributing to mercierís collection but I also want to respect his wishes to have this be Ďon himí, so what to do??? I hope abiding by his plea to not contribute to a collection is not seen as dismissive. Ladyluck I think your efforts are superb and just your intent alone conveys on behalf of all of us how we feel.
I really like the idea of hosting a contest/give-a-way for DTerís, since Iím not in retail I have no stock to pull from, I spoke to Mr. Bella about this and he joked that I could make recordings of my singing to offer ~ well, I wouldn't do that to any of you but really what can I do is my question?
I think the whole idea of giving with no strings attached is awesome, I want to thank (or show my appreciation) for mercierís gift by following his lead. I will be on the hunt for something suitable for the cause ~ don't know what or when but Iím on it.

If I were in Mercierís shoes and I received money after such a act of kindness I would be touched by the thought but wish others hadn't done that. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to receive a gift but itís good for the soul.

Iím seriously going to figure out something, may not be as wild as receiving pearls or jewelry related items but a few ideas kick around my head that are in tune with love.

Old ladyluck

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 04-26-02 , 08:48 AM

I agree with you Bella. We really do need to respect Mercier's wishes.

I have proposed a compromise with Mercier under 'Let's Compromise'.

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...84&pagenumber=2

Old Cal

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My Mark Morrell ring!

My Karma
Power: 78
Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 04-27-02 , 10:09 AM

I see there are several threads on this topic floating around, and I haven't had time to keep on top of all of them.

But Bella...it seems you have the same feeling as me (which I just posted in another thread). I don't want to pressure Mercier into accepting our money or gifts if he doesn't want to.

I'm sure he's "felt the love" and that seems to be enough for him.

Gotta sign off...my hands are cramping from typing too long!

Thanks, CAL

Cal signature
* Hoomanaoio ~ Manaolana ~ Paulele*
* Believe ~ Hope ~ Trust *
Old susanpdavis

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
susanpdavis is on a distinguished road

thanking mercier
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 04-27-02 , 11:36 PM

Well, I just read mercier's generosity on shipping, and I think maybe the best way to thank him is to be generous to people when we have the opportunity to do so, that way all the good feelings we have for Mercier can be given to others and it willl just keep giviing. Do you think? Susanp

Old TaraInWA

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
TaraInWA is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 04-28-02 , 01:12 AM

Bella: I know what you mean! I'd love to be able to do something like what you were talking about, even if it didn't have to do with jewelry. In fact, I've done several rather random acts of kindness in the past week. Everyone was so grateful and happy, even with tiny little things.

It just makes you feel *Good* to do something for someone else with no ulterior motive - just out of kindness.

Paying it forward is a great idea.

Old emnightingale

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
emnightingale is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 04-28-02 , 01:20 AM

OK Mercier. If you can think of anything you want - a U of I postcard, etc.. etc... let me know. But in the meantime I am going to pay it forward with you in mind. You're a good soul.

Em

Old mercier

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
mercier will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 04-28-02 , 01:21 AM

I like the pay it forward idea a lot =)

thank you very much, everyone

i scanned cassandra's pearls but the picture came out awful and totally not representative of what they look like.......so i'm going to leave it to her to photograph and show the rest of you! =)

-shannon-

mercier signature

"Lord I give you my Heart, I give you my soul, I live for you alone. Every breath that I take, every moment that I'm awake, Lord have your way in me.

This is my desire, to honour you. Lord with all my heart, I worship you. All I have within me, I give you praise. All that I adore, is in you..."
Old ginsmom

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 80
ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of ginsmom has much to be proud of

Reliving the wonderous generousity of Mercier...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 03-26-07 , 12:57 AM

LadyLuck and all those who remember Mercier...

I have not been an active member of DT in a long, long time....

I was looking back on some, very, fond memories and wanted to pay a tribute to one of the most wonderous and generous people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

A moment of peace for Mercier...

Peace to all

Old Cal

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My Mark Morrell ring!

My Karma
Power: 78
Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough

Re: Reliving the wonderous generousity of Mercier...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 03-26-07 , 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsmom
LadyLuck and all those who remember Mercier...

I have not been an active member of DT in a long, long time....

I was looking back on some, very, fond memories and wanted to pay a tribute to one of the most wonderous and generous people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

A moment of peace for Mercier...

Peace to all

WOW! Same here...I was active on DT several years ago while shopping for diamonds and the people here were so helpful to me, but I haven't been on DT in ages. But as soon as I saw this post, I remembered Mercier and what a generous soul he was. Thanks for the reminder!

Cal signature
* Hoomanaoio ~ Manaolana ~ Paulele*
* Believe ~ Hope ~ Trust *
Old toothfairy

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 3 stone diamond ring

My Karma
Power: 64
toothfairy is on a distinguished road

Re: ATTN DT Winners...Repaying Mercier
Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 03-28-07 , 09:07 PM

I bet he is having a wonderful time in Heaven.

Old ladyluck

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma

Re: ATTN DT Winners...Repaying Mercier
Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 03-29-07 , 08:57 AM

Wow. It's nice to see all of you 'old-timers' still popping in once and a while. I still lurk...

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It brought a smile to my face as I think of Mercier often. Even though his time here on Earth was short he taught many of us that sometimes we get more back by giving than taking.

Read Messages in: Jewelry Contests All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Pretty in Pink Pearls Leather CONTEST by mindylee
Up a Topic Set high or set low posted in DIAMONDS by stci
Older:
Down a Topic American Idol Contest by Jan
Down a Topic Where to buy old mine cut diamonds posted in DIAMONDS by stacy