Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Driverlock

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Driverlock is on a distinguished road

Interested in legitimate online gem sites
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-26-11 , 03:32 AM

I have recently become interested in loose, natural Sapphire stones and looking for information regarding grading, different labs (AGS, GIA, IGI, EGL, etc.etc.etc.), and the perils/benefits of online gem shopping.

I have not decided if I will ever buy any loose stones/jewelry online, but am interested in learning more about legitimate online sites and sites I should be wary of. (TheNaturalSapphireComany , BlueNile, WildFishGems, GemSelect, are just a few I've looked at).

I am not neccisarily looking for responses promoting or bashing certain specific sites; however, I would like to learn the general reputation and legitimacy of certain sites. More importantly: anyone's personal experience would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance
-Matt

Gemstone Search:

Budget:  

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 478
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=236, In=1

Re: Interested in legitimate online gem sites
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-26-11 , 08:57 AM

Start reading the archives, there are years of posts about sapphires and who sells them.
Tip: look for sellers who have been online for 5 yrs. or more.
U.S. gem cutters are often an excellent source. They don't have the volume of the sites you've mentioned but it's a good way to avoid the trashy stones.
Good luck! Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old devo800

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Wedding Ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 7

My Karma
devo800 is just really nice devo800 is just really nice devo800 is just really nice devo800 is just really nice devo800 is just really nice

Re: Interested in legitimate online gem s
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 02-08-11 , 08:02 PM

Hi Driverlock
I am not a regular contributer to the Forum but I read it often and your request prompted me to offer you a very good way to learn and grow in the care and understanding of Gemology and Gems. You could visit this site IGS. just put these letters into Google search and you will be right.
this is the International Gem Society and it provides heaps of info and you can get a true unbiased opinion on any topic about the Gem industry. If you decide to join, then you get even more help
ENJOY.

Peter D

Old vvpeter

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
vvpeter is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 02-23-11 , 06:12 AM

While it may work gr8 for many I cont. to be disappointed every single time.I have yet to get any free gems . I know many who have gotten literally 100s. I have tired to be honest when answering to no avail, in fact 1 of the surveys was on the WEE my kid has 1 she plays it every day almost all day, nope didn't qualifie. humm. Another was on going to the movies our son goes every weekend had has for many yrs but again did'nt qualify. I find it a bit to strange honestly. I think they have and do track your IP addy and if u have in the past bought gems the chances of getting any free just r not going to happen. They know if U have bought once U will again so why give you any for free. They R loosing money doing that.

vvpeter signature
Old ichliebe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 35
ichliebe is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 02-24-11 , 08:49 AM

maybe you can find some trusted website to buy~~~

Read Messages in: GEMSTONES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Size 9 1 2 18 kt ring with 5 emeralds by Portal2012
Up a Topic Brightest Signature Diamond with different facets posted in DIAMONDS by dannyhsu915
Older:
Down a Topic How much for this Unheated Ruby by AngelSoe
Down a Topic 2ct diamond princess cut white gold platinum ring posted in DIAMONDS by m5mcf