Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old rlavoe

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
rlavoe is on a distinguished road

1949-1950 engagement platinum ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 12-02-07 , 06:10 PM

Dear Sirs :
My mom has passed away and she left me a platinum wedding band ,however the engagement ring which had 3 diamonds 1 kt in center and approx 1/2 carat on edges with smaller ones on edge. It looked to be victorian or from the 20's to 40's. She told me she had it made in 1949-50. My question is where can I go if anywhere to see if i can get the engagement ring replaced or remade. I know its gonna caost but shes my mom and i wanted to leave it to my daughter Grace. Are there places with books on old jewelry that specialize in this field? I have the wedding band and perhaps that would be of help.Thank you...please help

please rsvp asap
Sincerely

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 189
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1949-1950 engagement platinum ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 12-02-07 , 07:02 PM

Are you saying you want to have the engagement ring re-made? Is it lost? Do you have a picture?

Old rlavoe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 12-02-07 , 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrenay
Are you saying you want to have the engagement ring re-made? Is it lost? Do you have a picture?

No I dont have a picture,I have my memory and the accompanying wedding ring which is platinum only. I was on a website that had old fasioned rings from the turn of he century to the 50's and saw something that vaguely looked at it and that one was made in the 1940's.I can give you the website but sadly there are no known photos of such a beautiful ,unique ring. I will try to copy and paste two versions which resemble it

Old rlavoe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 12-02-07 , 10:00 PM

RG-2304 click on this link and you will get a small idea of what ring was like .It can be found at tpazert.comor tpazery@yahoo.com

1940's Diamond Engagement Ring
The 14k white gold band of this 1940's diamond engagement ring provides a tonal backdrop for the five diamonds that accentuate it. Sitting at the top of the ring is an illusion-set round brilliant cut diamond. This 0.15-carat diamond centerpiece is H in color and SI2 in clarity. Four round single cut diamonds flank the center stone, giving this 1940s engagement ring a total diamond weight of 0.19 carats. 1940s or later. Size 6.25 The ring I refer two carries 3 diamonds and is somewhat similar to this ring but not quite.It is also made of platinum

Antique
Diamond
Engagement
Rings Item
RG-2304 $495.00

Plus Shipping
USA or APO: $20
International: $85

Item #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Read Messages in: Antique and Estate Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My first antique jewelry purchase by taylormillgirl
Up a Topic Hello My names Adam and I m a diamond aholic posted in Greet New Members by adamkp83
Older:
Down a Topic Kimberly Ring by rhjelm
Down a Topic Hi I m Daniel and I m a chemist posted in Greet New Members by akayama