Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

View Poll Results: Where should I Pop the Question?
On the Beach in Cabo 0 0%
At a Restaurant in Cabo 0 0%
Catalina Island 0 0%
The Restaurant Close to my Parents 0 0%
A Restaurant Close to our Home 0 0%
A Picnic Dinner at the Beach 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply New Thread

Old GettingReady

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
GettingReady is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-20-04 , 09:58 AM

Ok, now that I have all of you helping me decide on the ring I need you to help me decide on where to pop the question!

Both my girlfriend and I have been very busy lately. She is starting a new job and I have been working out of the country for the past 8 months. We still talk every day and I go home for a week or so every month and we get to spend some quality time together. We have been seeing eachother for just about 5 1/2 years and I know it's time for us to get engaged now. I have a few ideas for where but I'm just not sure, I was hoping you could help me decide.

My first idea is to do it on our trip to Cabo in August. The only thing that makes me hesitate here is that the trip might have to be canceled if she has to work. Also I want the trip to be relaxing and fun so I don't want to give her a ring the first day and then have her worring about loosing it for the rest of the trip. Also I'm not sure where to do it there. I have been there many times so I know there are a lot of very nice beaches and restaurants.

My next idea is to do it in Catalina, where we go a lot durring the summer. It's pretty special but at the same time I can't think of a really romantic spot and personally I don't think Catalina is the prettiest of places though it would probably be special anyways.

The third idea is at a restaurant that my girlfriend really likes. We don't go there that often because it's about 3 hours away (where my parents live) but she does really like it there. It's a little noisy but if we go on an off day it can be somewhat quiet.

My fourth idea is at a restaurant close to where we live. There are a few pretty nice restaurants we have gone to in the past that were special, most overlook the ocean and we can always go back for special dinners in the future.

The last idea is a picknic dinner at the beach. We have never done one before but I have suggested it before. There is a nice place I know of fairly close to where we live. It would be very quiet and private.

I think timing is going to play a big part in when I do this. I may not be home permanently until the end of July and my girlfriends work is going to start at the end of August. So I really only have August since I would rather not ask when she is stressed. Worst case I will wait for the right time.

If any of you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. You can vote for your favorite idea and please post any ideas in addition to what I have. Thanks for your help!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old BeeBoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
BeeBoo is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-20-04 , 01:59 PM

Hands down propose on a beach picnic. That's how I wanted my husband to propose, but he didn't. Not really the romantic type I think the picnic will be the most private and the most romantic. You could even have a friend set up the picnic before you get there by spreading the blanket and setting out the basket, etc. It would also be cute if you hid the ring in a food container or something. Give it to her like a dessert. Anyway, whatever you decide good luck and congrats!

BeeBoo signature
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Old mre2u

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
mre2u is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-30-04 , 08:13 AM

I was planning on doing it while picnicing at the beach in the OuterBanks in about a month. I found a place online that would create a "message in a bottle" that comes in a wooden box with cedar chips (for display after the fact). I thought it would be a cool way to propose since my girlfriend wants a beach wedding anyhow...

Read Messages in: Your Proposal & Wedding Stories All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic HELP Need proposal ideas in San Francisco by sna77
Up a Topic Silver Sims and Repair posted in JEWELRY by pinkbow
Older:
Down a Topic Pics A proposal adventure by nero
Down a Topic If you cannot sell it don t you think the price should go down not up posted in Auctions by tieru