Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

View Poll Results: How long was your engagement?
0-3 months 7 7.87%
3-6 months 11 12.36%
6-12 months 23 25.84%
12-18 months 19 21.35%
more than 18 months 29 32.58%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply New Thread

Old Mattsgrl

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Mattsgrl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 11-28-02 , 11:44 PM

FH and I started dating on November 15th, 1997. Got engaged on April 17th, 2001. Getting married on June 21st, 2003. We will have had about a 24 month engagement. FH is in grad school though so we decided to wait until he graduated.

Old hbunny

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 69
hbunny is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 04-11-04 , 05:35 AM

I've known my FH for 8 years. We've been dating for the last 2 years and 9 months, we got engaged in January, and we're getting married in December. About 11 months of engagement!

We are choosing not to live together before marriage. He lives 5 doors down from me - his parents live in between my house and his. This sounds silly, but one of the things I'm looking forward to after getting married is that I won't have to walk by his parents house in order to get to him! LOL!

Old Thespia

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: True Love Waits ring
Visit my blog NightCometh: Personal Xanga

My Karma
Power: 66
Thespia is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=959, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 04-22-04 , 10:10 PM

I plan to be engaged at least a year before I get married. This will take lots of the stress out of planning so quickly...yes, I want it to be perfect and huge...we are both musicians and we are going to have a choir and orchestra and lots of cool stuff.

We are both virgins and committed to stay that way till our wedding. Call it old fashioned, but we are Christians and I think its the best thing I can do for my future marriage. I'm saving the most special part of me for my husband...and its so sweet and comforting to know that he is doing the same. Living together would make marriage just like a legal bond...and to us, its a committment in the sight of God, that commits body, spirit, and mind.

Sorry if this sounds like preaching, but its so very precious to me that I had to say it.

Thespia signature
No matter how much we love them or how beautiful they are, we must realize that these lovely stones are just that...things, they are dust and to the dust they will return. But faith, hope, and love will remain. They are created by God, and they are eternal.
Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 80
MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 05-10-04 , 04:08 PM

We were engaged 2 years, 4 months. Mainly because my mother in law wouldn't let us get married sooner! She had made my husband promise that he wouldn't get married until he graduated college. It ended up working out better, and even though we had been together for 5 1/2 years, we were virgins when we got married. Not for religious reasons (neither of us is perticulerly religious), but because we wanted to. It made it easier that we started dating in high school, and not when we were older!

Old kaylagee

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rutilated Quartz

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 69
kaylagee is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=1, In=0
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#30 @ 05-10-04 , 05:55 PM

we were engaged for 6 mos. after dating 2.5 years int'l long-distance. didn't live together before.

our wedding was small, garden-setting, close friends and family, so didn't require a ton of prep/planning.

Old BeeBoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
BeeBoo is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#31 @ 05-20-04 , 02:48 AM

We were engaged for 22 months before our wedding. We were together 5 years before we got engaged. We had to wait 2 years because my grandpa said he would not support the marriage unless we lived together for 2 years before getting married and I told my husband I would not live with him until we were engaged. It all worked out and I couldn't be more happily married. I could be happily graduated though, but alas I have 1 more semester.

BeeBoo signature
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old hammy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
hammy is on a distinguished road

BeeBoo
Quote this post and reply to it Post#32 @ 05-20-04 , 03:35 AM

Your grandpa is very different?!

I've known my fiance for over 10 years, lived together for 2 years, and just got engaged last month. I think we'll have a 12-18 month engagement. We'd love to have a wedding sooner than later but we have to save up for it, and that's a bit hard now as I'm unemployed.

I'm glad to know that my fiance and I can live together and also travel together without any fights!

Old BeeBoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
BeeBoo is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#33 @ 05-20-04 , 12:16 PM

hammy,
Yes, my grandpa is very different and the greatest in the world. He offered to pay my mom to live with my dad for 2 years before they got married and she declined. They divorced a few years later. He believes living together before marriage makes it stronger.

BeeBoo signature
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Read Messages in: Your Proposal & Wedding Stories All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic A bit of help please by robbiew
Up a Topic This is terrible posted in Getting the most out of this forum by Thespia
Older:
Down a Topic She said yes by prattguy
Down a Topic What would you say is the most classic or popular style of college ring of these two posted in JEWELRY by MathewJ