Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old nefarius1

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
nefarius1 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-27-04 , 02:29 PM

Any good ideas for proposing on a cruise ship?

Me and my gf are going on a weeklong criuse here in a few weeks... I think im going to get the ring this weekend...

I'm thinking about spending a day pampering her and then propose, but I'm looking for creative ideas? I'm trying to avoid the normal dinner proposal thing....

Any help?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old tieru

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 81
tieru is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-27-04 , 03:31 PM

How does your girlfriend feel about public proposals. I would speak to the cruise director once you get there, or email the cruise line now if she will not be able to see the emails. They may be able to incorporate that into one of the shows.

Old nefarius1

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
nefarius1 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-27-04 , 03:47 PM

Very interesting idea.... I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise so ill check it out with them. I'm not sure how shed feel with a public proposal, i'm sure wed both be a bit embarassed .... but the key is to make it special... so if i gotta be a bit embarassed, then im all for it

Old GemGoddess

My Profile
View profile photo
Diamond : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: my new wedding set

My Karma
Power: 91
GemGoddess is just really nice GemGoddess is just really nice GemGoddess is just really nice GemGoddess is just really nice
Hits: Out=3933, In=85
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 04-27-04 , 05:46 PM

As a matter of fact, many of the cruise lines have a special part of their webpages dedicated to weddings and that sort of thing. Contact them now, and they can help you - perphaps set up something special ahead of time that isn't too public, and most certainly unique and special. They will have all kinds of ideas for you, I'm sure...

GemGoddess signature
Stephanie M. Leonard, G.G.
Old Heller

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 70
Heller is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 04-29-04 , 11:07 AM

I have a couple of ideas, esp if you don't want a public proposal.

1. Do it on a shore excursion. Usually, they'll have time where the two of you can "get away" from the rest of the group (if you're on a tour) to explore, and the beauty of the location can make it memorable (plus, how many people can say, "He proposed to me on top of a volcanic mountain on the island of St. Lucia?"). I do think you'd want to be discreet about doing this on some destinations where theft might be an issue. Pulling out a ring box and making a show of things is an invitation for theft.

2. Wake up early to watch the sunrise, or stay on the deck for sunset (most people will either be sleeping in the AM or getting ready for dinner at sunset). Propose to her while standing at the rail looking out into the ocean. Just don't hold the ring box OVER the rail! ;-) The nice thing about doing it this way is that you can then dress for dinner, celebrate over dinner with a bottle of champagne, and have the cruise staff perhaps make an announcement at the evening entertainment. That way, you don't have a dinner proposal, it's private, but you also get some public attention, pampering at dinner, and more time to celebrate after the proposal.

--Heather

Read Messages in: Your Proposal & Wedding Stories All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic need engagement help by bosox
Up a Topic 18kt White Gold and Diamond Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by elliefold
Older:
Down a Topic etiquette question divorce enagement help by nefarius1
Down a Topic 1 ct round brilliant cut diamond ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by etownreader