Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old hammy

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
hammy is on a distinguished road

I've been away...then I'm ENGAGED!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-12-04 , 05:15 AM

Hello all, it's been awhile. Over half a year ago I quit my job, got depressed, did nothing for a while, decided to travel in Europe alone, and just came back at the end of last month. I have somewhat gained a new perspective on life, but that's not what I wanted to share now! This is what:

My boyfriend of many years had a work meeting in New York so I went with him right after I just came back from Europe. On our *N*th anniversary we went on top the Empire State Building and he proposed to me! I had an inkling of what he was about to do when it started drizzling and he would not leave! I thought after many years I'd be prepared but I was still stunned and dumbfounded as he took my hand and kneeled down and took a little ring box out of his jacket (and I never figured I would cry being proposed at either!). People were gathering nearby to watch us and they were clapping as he put the ring on my finger. Some even came by and took pictures of us. (If only I can track down the strangers for the pictures! ) I was so nervous that I totally forgot what my fiancee had said to me, so I had him repeat the words again later that night. We then called family and friends and shared the news; then we had a nice dinner in an Italian restaurant (where the nice owner/manager took pictures of us and gave us tiramisu on the house as celebration.) It was just perfect what he did and I'm so grateful that he stood by me through all we went through.

Just wanted to share

Last edited by hammy : 04-12-04 at 05:17 AM.
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Amethyste

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 78
Amethyste is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-12-04 , 08:42 AM

Ohhhh Hammy!

That is such a sweet story! I am happy to hear of your engagement but mostly that you are feeling better. When you can, please post pictures of your beautiful ring! Sounds lovely!

Congratulations!

Amethyste signature
-=Amethyste -
Apres la Pluie, le Soleil!
Old MelissaCT

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 88
MelissaCT is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-12-04 , 08:47 AM

That is a wonderful story, Congratulations!

MelissaCT signature
M E L

Old U2Forever

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 71
U2Forever is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=2

hammy
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 04-12-04 , 11:14 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You didn't happen to visit Finland during your European travels?

U2Forever signature
Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself
Last edited by U2Forever : 04-12-04 at 11:24 AM.
Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 479
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=247, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 04-12-04 , 12:35 PM

CONGRATULATIONS HAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thank you for sharing your news with us. Keep us posted on all wedding plans..and don't forget the pictures..you know the rules!!! Pictures make us HAPPY!!!!

Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old hammy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
hammy is on a distinguished road

Thanks all!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 04-12-04 , 07:06 PM

I backpacked through London, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Munich, and Amsterdam. I didn't make it to Finland, but would love to in the future in a warmer weather! Traveling by myself was freeing at the same time lonely, but I'm glad I visited those beautiful and magnificent cities and immersed myself in different cultures.

Now I'm looking to get a job (so my fiancee and I can pay for the wedding ourselves).

I will post pictures as soon as I learn to maneuver my G3 (still have not read the manuals after a year) to take a close up shot.

Amethyste - please zap my cuticles away! (I loved Europe, but I truly believe that my hands and skin are made even drier from all the secondhand smoke there!) I have hard nails and just noticed that I'm got ridges on my left middle fingernail. Never had a manicure (don't know where to look for a good nail technician).

No wedding date yet, it's hard to set a budget since I don't have a job now. My dream wedding is on a Southern California beach, short and small, followed by a reception indoor with dancing. If anyone has vendor tips, please let me know!

I think I had a quarter-life crisis, not sure what my purpose in life is. But now, I'm keeping myself busy running errands and doing chores in the house (been away too long!), semi-planning the wedding, and looking for a job. I think I just want to *BE*, and be happy and learn new things.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Read Messages in: Your Proposal & Wedding Stories All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic etiquette question divorce enagement help by nefarius1
Up a Topic Aquamarine ring from fortunoff posted in GEMSTONES by kaylagee
Older:
Down a Topic How to propose and picking the right event by markbean
Down a Topic good site to buy silver jewelry posted in JEWELRY by gam00