Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old myheyzeus

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
myheyzeus is on a distinguished road

Good micropave setter in los angeles area?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-14-08 , 04:34 PM

hello and thanks for taking time to read this,

my fiancé are in the process of looking at engagement rings and seem to be finding the best deals for loose diamonds online. because of that, we might be having a need for a good QUALITY setter for my engagement ring. we live in the los angeles area (and would be willing to go to orange county area as well)? do you have any recommendations?

i have a 1.25 d vs1 cushion cut in mind and want someone who can set it with micropavé stones. i would like a very clean elegant setting (á la martin katz) and not the chunky unrefined settings i keep seeing.

another question, if i may, we have been downtown to the international jewelry mart (the stores in the high rise, not the ones on street level) and had a guy that told my fiancé that his guy does work for martin katz, but i highly doubt that? when i asked him he changed the story to several "fine" beverly hills stores. how trustworthy are these guys? has anyone had any experience?

i greatly appreciate any help or advice! thank-you

p.s. in case i have over looked a site are there any sites that you would recommend for quality stones, good customer service at a good price?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  August?s Custom Engagement Ring Spotlight

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 443
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=4238, In=260
Referrals: 23

Re: good micropave setter in los angeles area?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-14-08 , 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myheyzeus

...had a guy that told my fiancé that his guy does work for martin katz, but i highly doubt that? when i asked him he changed the story to several "fine" beverly hills stores. how trustworthy are these guys? ...

Depending on your definition of trustworthy, you may have answered your own question

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old poshpepper

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Sapphire

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 4

My Karma
Power: 156
poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute poshpepper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-16-08 , 07:55 PM

I got my engagement ring from a jeweler who has a place in the Downtown LA jewelery district, so yes, some of them are trustworthy. You just have to find the right one. My jeweler happened to have a store at my local mall also, so that is where I made contact with him.
For what its worth, here is a link to pictures of my engagement ring.
http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=89039
I think the pave is done really well, and I have had no problems with it at all.

poshpepper signature
**Everything Happens for a Reason**
Old bewitched

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
bewitched is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 04-15-08 , 01:47 PM

Posh, Would you mind sharing the name of the jeweler you used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshpepper
I got my engagement ring from a jeweler who has a place in the Downtown LA jewelery district, so yes, some of them are trustworthy. You just have to find the right one. My jeweler happened to have a store at my local mall also, so that is where I made contact with him.
For what its worth, here is a link to pictures of my engagement ring.
http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=89039
I think the pave is done really well, and I have had no problems with it at all.

Read Messages in: CA All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Jewelry district san francisco by pete1982
Up a Topic Hello posted in Greet New Members by Jesstars
Older:
Down a Topic Diamond district in San Francisco bay area by hello12
Down a Topic Semi educated college student looking for a ring posted in DIAMONDS by outofthepark44