Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Kamuelamom

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Kamuelamom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-13-03 , 11:19 PM

I am seeking advice on behalf of my sister. Recently engaged, she is due to be married on 6/14 in Oregon, we are in Hawaii.

My brother who lives in Oregon is helping her to plan some of the nitty gritty details. She is 48 yrs. old, never been married and we are very excited that she will finally become a bride!!!!

Logistically we have our challenges. But we are looking for simple ideas to make up a "program." We are considering asking her FH's family to contribute some pictures, and we will gather some on our end as well, so we can produce some sort of presentation, no matter how simple.

She has asked me to be her MOH. She's going to send me a website from which to pick a dress. She is so simple and such a busy person, I don't think she is concerned with all the details of a traditional wedding. On the other hand, my brother and I would like to try and help her make it something special since we are sure she wouldn't object, as long as she wasn't the one to worry about they ins and outs of the planning.

So for all you non traditionalists, any suggestions?

One last thought for now, they have not purchased an ering yet. I offered her my DiamondEd101 services (for free ) but she politely mentioned that they intend to stay simple, something about trying to buy a house later. Still, I think they will have some type of ring... Anything simple suggestions out there they can consider?

I'm just sooo happy for her. My best friend will finally be a bride!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Lanee

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
Lanee is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-14-03 , 04:40 PM

That is really sweet of you and your brother. Is there an heirloom ring she can use/have as her e-ring? My grandmother had 9 rings and 9 children. When she passed each child male/female inherited a ring. She gave me a pair of earrings when she went into the hospita. I'm getting off the subject, anyway . . .no family ring?

Are you looking for additional ways to make it special or do you have something in mind? My sister just married April and they had some really nice special touches. They incorporated his love of the opera and classical music by having a string quartet perform before the ceremony and for th cocktail hour immediately following the reception. Also the tables were named after operas and thats how the seating was done. Pick something your sister is passionate about and try to incorporate it in some way.

Old Kamuelamom

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Kamuelamom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-14-03 , 10:18 PM

Lanee,

Nice idea on the classical music theme, which she does love, but I don't think they can afford an orchestra...

As far as an heirloom ring, I inherited my moms ring when I got married (actually my dad asked her to give it to me since she no longer used it, and she did so very happily). That would've been the only heirloom piece like that. She expressed not being a "ring person" but who would refuse a sparkly diamond cut to perfection both internally and externally?

Read Messages in: Wedding Issues All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic When a fiancee s sibling is part of your wedding party by shamster
Up a Topic My First Attempt to Sell My Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by Ringme
Older:
Down a Topic Welcome by GilbertZ
Down a Topic Natural Fancy Deep Pink posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by fancy