Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old priyanjan

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
priyanjan is on a distinguished road

Tips On Nail Care
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-26-10 , 02:16 AM

Before giving yourself a manicure dip your nails in a cup of warm water with one tablespoon of lemon juice.

Put your fingertips in half a lemon and twist your finger back and forth to clean the cuticles and nails.

Add shine to your nails by massaging coconut oil or warm castor oil on to them.

Dip a cotton-tipped swab in hydrogen peroxide to clean under the nails and whiten them.

If you wear nail polish on a regular basis then, take them off for a day or two every week, in order to let your nails breath.

If you do not like nail polish then apply dry soap to your nail and buff or use lemon peel for a similar result.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old gougou2010

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
gougou2010 is on a distinguished road

Re: Tips On Nail Care
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-07-10 , 06:05 AM

thanks for sharing! it is very helpful!

Old amorojewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
amorojewelry is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 09-09-10 , 10:39 AM

Wow i never know that, i will definitely apply this informative tips. Thanks for sharing this to us.

Old schatzman

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
schatzman is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-31-11 , 07:57 AM

1 Take care of your nails between salon visits.
2 File your nails regularly and always keep them short.
3 If your nails are exposed to chemicals, moisture, water, etc, it could result in split peeling nails or allergic reaction. Wear rubber gloves to protect your nails or coat them with some cotton.
4 Never use something like scissors for both for infected and non infected nails.

Old BeadMe

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 61
BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute BeadMe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 02-04-11 , 10:31 PM

Use eco-friendly nail polish.
Always wash your hands with mild soap
or use eco-friendly hand sanitizer.

Last edited by BeadMe : 02-04-11 at 10:32 PM.
Old poom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
poom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 05-26-11 , 04:17 AM

The nails and hands are two parts of our bodies that are often taken for granted. We use them everyday of our lives, but fail to take care of them as much as we take care of our hair, teeth, or other body parts. The reason or this is because they always serve their purpose. And they never fail us until itís too late to give them their much deserved attention.
Nail Care Tips

To harden soft nails, soak them in warm olive oil for about 20 minutes, on alternate days.
To remove stains from your nails, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of water and soak your nails in this liquid for a few minutes. Then, wash off with warm water and apply a hand moisturizer.
It is not a good idea to remove the cuticles from your nails, as it will make the nail susceptible to infection. Rather, you should make use of good quality cuticle oil and gently push back the cuticles, with the help of an orangewood stick.
Try to stay away from acetone polish removers as much as you can and stick to the one that make use of acetate. Still, try not to use a polish remover more than once a week.is especially beneficial to athletes whose hands and/or feet are exposed to excessive moisture, such as competitive swimmers, or in sports and jobs where nails are prone to be damaged. It is also effective in helping people stop nail biting

Old gladmark

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
gladmark is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-30-11 , 12:45 AM

Why won't nails grow?
Unless you have some type of medical condition that prevents it, your nails are growing. On average, your nails grow about 1/8 of an inch per month. The reason why most people's nails don't seem to grow is because they break before they see results. Many people bite their nails, rip them off, others tend to shed or peel. They best way to see results is to start a healthy nail program with your nail technician.

Will artificial nails keep my nails from growing crooked?
If your nails have always grown a certain way, they will continue to grow that way until you die or something changes your nail matrix (the "brain" of the nail). Nail enhancements can only "cover" your natural nail appearance, not change it.

What can you do about ridges in nails?
Actually, nothing. If you've always had them, you always will. If you never had them before and just started to notice them, one reason could be stress or simply the fact that you're getting older. As we get older the nails on our hands & toes become ridged. In order to get a
smooth polish application just GENTLY buff the nail surface with a white block buffer, remove the dust, apply a ridgefiller base coat, two coats of polish, and finally a topcoat.

Old Clarischella

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Clarischella is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-03-11 , 01:37 AM

very useful information Thank u

Old DiamondDudeSoCa

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
DiamondDudeSoCa is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-25-11 , 12:28 PM

Even though Iím a big diamond industry person, doing nails is my hobby. I have a large tackle box full of my equipment as itís manlier.

For my nails Iíve found a light buffing looks amazing. Get a light sanding sponge, a nail polishing compound, and a nice nail buffer. The gloss your nail will have is amazing and itís your actual nail so itís heathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanjan
Before giving yourself a manicure dip your nails in a cup of warm water with one tablespoon of lemon juice.

Put your fingertips in half a lemon and twist your finger back and forth to clean the cuticles and nails.

Dip a cotton-tipped swab in hydrogen peroxide to clean under the nails and whiten them.

If you wear nail polish on a regular basis then, take them off for a day or two every week, in order to let your nails breath.

If you do not like nail polish then apply dry soap to your nail and buff or use lemon peel for a similar result.

Old ElenaIuliana

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
ElenaIuliana is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 01-18-12 , 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanjan

Thanks very much! I am going to take this into account from now on!

Old ElenaIuliana

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
ElenaIuliana is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 01-26-12 , 04:00 PM

A piece of advice that I would like to offer concerns the resistance and strength of your nails: dip them into hot olive oil and they will be stronger!

Old Icerocc

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Icerocc is infamous around these parts Icerocc is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 01-21-13 , 04:12 PM

Thanks for sharing, this is very helpful and I will definitely try it out.

Read Messages in: Wedding Talk All forums
Newer:
This is the first topic
Up a Topic Vintage 1897 Victorian 5 stone diamond ring 18ct gold posted in MEMBERS COLLECTIONS by pollybrocton
Older:
Down a Topic Help us win 1500 towards photography by Solar411
Down a Topic 30CT Green Peridot posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by Claire79