Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old bmw777

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
bmw777 is on a distinguished road

Wedding band ideas, please?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-25-11 , 09:01 PM

Hello! I was hoping for some advice. I have no idea what to do about a wedding band. My engagement ring has rose gold prongs with tiny pink diamonds in them and it is on a pave band (halfway around). I am worried that a straight band would rub up against the tiny diamonds at the base of the prongs. Is the answer a contoured band? The one thing I definitely don't want to do is solder them together, I would really like to just wear the band when I travel.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

Attached Images
P1000679.jpg

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old Brit

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 71
Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=776, In=0

Re: Wedding band ideas, please?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-27-11 , 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw777
Hello! I was hoping for some advice. I have no idea what to do about a wedding band. My engagement ring has rose gold prongs with tiny pink diamonds in them and it is on a pave band (halfway around). I am worried that a straight band would rub up against the tiny diamonds at the base of the prongs. Is the answer a contoured band? The one thing I definitely don't want to do is solder them together, I would really like to just wear the band when I travel.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!

Do you have a side view picture? It is hard to tell if it would rub based on the photo. If the prong of the ring is sitting on top of the pave' band you may be ok as long as the prongs do not protrude out much, but if it is set in more than you may need a contour band. Both a straight or contour pave' or shared prong band would look beautiful with your ring. Here is a picture of what I mean. Ring 1 the straight band might rub the prongs a bit because the prongs are straight and set closer to the finger. Ring 2 and 3 would be fine because it sets up a bit where the shank of the ring would protect the prongs.

Brit signature
***Specializing In Engagement Rings***
www.dbof.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-...4247?ref=search
Attached Images
ring band.jpg

Old bmw777

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
bmw777 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-27-11 , 11:05 PM

Thank you! Here is a picture of a side view. I think that mine looks closest to the first picture you posted. So a curved band would probably be best? Does that mean there would be a funny gap in between the rings? Thank you so much for all the help!

Attached Images
P1000680.jpg

Old Brit

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 71
Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=776, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 05-28-11 , 10:39 AM

Yea. You are probably going to need a slight contour to the band. Here is a picture of the ring that we do. This one reminds me of how your diamonds are set. I don't think there will be much of a gap. You just need a slight curve. Some contours curve out more than others.

Brit signature
***Specializing In Engagement Rings***
www.dbof.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-...4247?ref=search
Attached Images
D1512.jpg D1512 2.jpg

Old jasminblue

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
jasminblue is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-09-11 , 07:19 AM

Looking for rings that are cool and unusual. Here are the conditions:

- Under $100 each.We don't need diamonds/gold/or any type of -ium rings.
- The rings will not be worn on a day-to-day basis. They do need to serve in the ceremony at city hall.
- Not interested in candy ideas. It would be nice to be able to slip them on 20+ years from now..
- I am looking towards something modern and edgy, like these:My fiance and I are looking for ideas for creative wedding bands that reference each other somehow. We don''t need an exact match, but would prefer something more conceptually in synch than just "both are platinum". I''ll admit to wanting SOME sort of sparkle on my ring (although this is probably the best place to admit to that urge, right?) I''d also either like a wedding band that is simple/small/low (heading to medical school in the fall) OR a removable engagement ring with a simple, boring platinum wedding band. My fiance, on the other hand, doesn''t want anything too plain, but also -- of course -- doesn''t want anything too "girly." It''s a toss up as to which of us is pickier!

Old JaniceF

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
JaniceF is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 07-22-11 , 04:45 PM

That's such a beautiful setting. I've never seen a setting like that before. Is it a vintage ring? If not, which jeweler made your ring? I love it. It's very unique and it has a vintage flair to it.

JaniceF signature
Janice - I love planning weddings.
Old newyorkave

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
newyorkave is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-26-11 , 10:26 AM

I was definitely going to suggest an infinity style band - @ brit, the one you showed was beautiful.

Old Icerocc

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Icerocc is infamous around these parts Icerocc is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 01-08-13 , 01:27 PM

That's a beautiful engagement ring. You should consider having a nice thin eternity wedding band with white diamonds and a few pink diamonds as well.

Read Messages in: JEWELRY All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My yogo sapphire collection by neo125
Up a Topic Aqumarine pendant posted in GEMSTONES by Portal2012
Older:
Down a Topic IGI Certified Platinum Princess Cut 4 Prong Diamond Stud Earrings by midonageeb
Down a Topic IGI Certified Platinum Princess Cut 4 Prong Diamond Stud Earrings posted in JEWELRY by midonageeb