Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Tanzanite (Zoisite)

My Karma
Power: 48
jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of

My pink diamond, But can you see the Pink?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-20-09 , 08:30 PM

[IMG]C:\Users\owner\Pictures\D iamond rings\Pink diamond[/IMG]
Can you see the pink?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 459
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=121, In=1

Re: My pink diamond, But can you see the Pink?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-20-09 , 11:17 PM

nope

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of jewelsgalore has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-20-09 , 11:53 PM

Ya.. it didnt work

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 243
Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=7976, In=2
Referrals: 2

can you see the Pink?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-21-09 , 12:01 AM

?

Brad signature
DBOF.com

We sell diamonds not paper
Attached Images
150 VP ring 3.jpg

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-21-09 , 12:05 AM

OH... Now thats pink. Not like mine at all

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-21-09 , 12:06 AM

Whats the CTW on this pinky?

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 459
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=121, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-21-09 , 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsgalore
Ya.. it didnt work

Jewelsg,
The [IMG] [IMG] mode is for linking to images already published on the web.
If you're trying to upload from your own computer you have to go thru the attachment process. You can get to it but using "Go Advanced" posting.
* Under the posting window, scroll your screen up to "Upload.Manage attachments",
* Click "Browse"
* Scan your computer for the file you want to upload. CLICK on it.
* Click "OPen"
NOTE: Make sure your photos are NO Wider than 700 pixels or they will be rejected.

* Continue the process for each photo.
* Click "Upload" and all photos should attach.
* Click "Submit Reply"
Good luck!
Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Last edited by irish : 03-21-09 at 12:08 AM.
Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-21-09 , 12:13 AM

That one is 1.50ct. Natural Fancy Vivid.

To attach pictures click on "Go Advanced " button. That way you can lift the pictures from your documents an upload. You may have to size them though to meet limits.

Brad signature
DBOF.com

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 03-21-09 , 12:15 AM

I see Irish was ahead of me

Brad signature
DBOF.com

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 03-21-09 , 12:17 AM

[IMG]

Lets try this one....

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 03-21-09 , 12:21 AM

[IMG]

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 03-21-09 , 12:47 AM

OK.. you can quit laughing already. It is a very light pink, .29ctw. I just wonder if anyone else sees the color.

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 03-21-09 , 09:28 PM

I had this little guy appraised today.
Clarity: I-1
color: Faint Pink
Cut: Poor (?)
The semi mount:
Clarity is SI-1 to I-1
color: G-I
Cut: Fair

Insurance Replacment Value: $1940.00

What do you guys think?

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 03-21-09 , 09:59 PM

I see light pink on my screen.

Brad signature
DBOF.com

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 03-21-09 , 10:03 PM

oh... good. Now the other question, should I bother with sending it in to GIA for grading?

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  Top Ten List of the Most Beautiful Rings of 2014

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 424
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=3459, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 03-21-09 , 11:40 PM

Quote:
oh... good. Now the other question, should I bother with sending it in to GIA for grading?

Hi,

I don't think it makes sense to unmount the stone, send it to GIA and then have to remount it in the ring. Maybe if the stone had a little more saturation than what shows in the photos, from the photos, it does appear to be in the faint to very light range which is below the lowest "fancy color" designation of "fancy light".

If you were going to put more money into it, it may make more sense to have the ring remade with a rose gold crown to help accentuate the pink in the diamond.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Last edited by BrianKnox : 03-21-09 at 11:41 PM.
Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 03-22-09 , 12:20 AM

Oh.. Good point, but the stone is out of the semi mount. It actually fell out in my kitchen.... and I found the itzy-bitty thing. But if I wanted to sell it, haveing the GIA report would be best? Am I right?

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 03-22-09 , 11:11 AM

Quote:
Oh.. Good point, but the stone is out of the semi mount. It actually fell out in my kitchen.... and I found the itzy-bitty thing. But if I wanted to sell it, haveing the GIA report would be best? Am I right?

A GIA report will help the sale.

A more difficult question may be, will the additional outlay of money for the report plus shipping and insurance (approx $150) be recouped in the sale?

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Last edited by BrianKnox : 03-22-09 at 11:12 AM.
Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 03-22-09 , 01:00 PM

Oh..With the semi mount too? I figured the Dossier report, which is cheaper. Then in your opinion what could one sell this pale peach diamond for? Thanks

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 03-22-09 , 02:03 PM

Quote:
Oh..With the semi mount too?

No. GIA requires an unset diamond.

I figured the Dossier report, which is cheaper.

IMO, the only valid reason to send this diamond to GIA is for an Origin of color report.

Then in your opinion what could one sell this pale peach diamond for?

I don't know. You could watch/research auctions of similar stones on ebay to give yourself an approx range.

Thanks

You're welcome

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 03-22-09 , 06:02 PM

Well, I guess I could save it for my Grandaughters Graduation in 10 yrs.... That would be neat..maybe then it will have sentimental value. Thanks for all the help.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: FBY Oval & Trills Ring by Knox

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 4

My Karma
Power: 453
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 03-24-09 , 02:39 PM

The pink is more evident in the picture with the pink felt, but I can see it in both pictures.

I think it's a really pretty ring! The double white halo gives it some contrast & helps bring out the pink.....& probably makes the pear appear bigger too.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old grace2010

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
grace2010 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 10-04-11 , 02:01 AM

That's like magic.Sometime is pink and sometime is white .

Old jewelsgalore

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 10-07-11 , 06:27 PM

No.. it's always pink...

Read Messages in: Photo Album All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic New pink eternity band by DandiAndi
Up a Topic Still available for Freelance posted in Job Opportunities by rch25
Older:
Down a Topic My Scott Kay 19kt YG Ering by NDAME09
Down a Topic Dimension of the Diamond cut posted in DIAMONDS by mrpayday