Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old santiago97

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
santiago97 is on a distinguished road

Wedding Gifts!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 09-21-07 , 11:35 PM

I have 4 weddings to go in the next few months and I am struggling to decide what to get for the newly weds. Has anyone found a particularly interesting wedding gift? Or do you know where I can look for inspiration?

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old david12

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
david12 is on a distinguished road

Re: Wedding Gifts!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-24-07 , 12:05 AM

Hey,
Check out this website (http://www... edited out). They have great and unique gift ideas. I have ordered quite items from them and I was amazed with the service and fast delivery. I hope that you will find something that you like.
Good luck!

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 342
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=141, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 09-24-07 , 06:53 AM

I'd stick to the classics like a crystal vase or candlesticks.Most couples are registered at a few different locations and they always love to get something they really wanted and listed on their registry.
Of course $ money is always appreciated by newlyweds as well.

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  How Diamond Cut Grade Affects Fire, Sparkle, Scintillation

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 423
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=3383, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 09-24-07 , 11:39 AM

Hi All,

Maven's suggestions for the actual gifts were very good in my opinion and she is to be commended for going out of her way to offer sincere advice.

I just wanted to point out what IMO is happening here and it kind of ties in with some current threads regarding shilling.

It is unlikely enough that a one time poster is going to jump on a forum and and ask for advice regarding where to buy gifts that are available in every department store, discount store, shopping center, sure it happens... but when this unlikely scenario is then further made even more unlikely by another 'first time poster' chiming in with the 'perfect website' for such gifts, I am sorry but this then has to be labeled for what it is, SHILLING.

Shilling in its various forms ranges from this example which in my opinion is quite obvious to very complex and subtle systems of posters working over the long term to invent persona's that are indistinguishable from real posters.

OK, getting off my soap box...

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old nycelle

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Pendant

My Karma
Power: 70
nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute nycelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 09-24-07 , 12:38 PM

You already made a post asking the same question on the 17th.

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...47#po st531624

This is a diamond, Jewelry, Gem forum -so unless you're giving any of those
to the couple, I'm wondering why you're asking the same thing yet again?

Old yogimel

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: My game-face

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 127
yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=3

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 09-24-07 , 12:41 PM

Aw shucks Brian, I was going to bring her out for some fresh air:

yogimel signature
1. NO MARVELING AT NATURE
2. NO UNSUPERVISED READING

www.SimsTalk.com

~Remembering Mercier~
Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 423
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=3383, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 09-24-07 , 12:44 PM

The insidious element of shilling on the internet is that the posters on a forum are totally anonymous which makes it the perfect venue for this type of scam. The shill posts will have very believable questions and comments making the shill sound like any other member. It can difficult if not impossible for real members of a forum to see thru these shill posts especially the subtle ones.

I would guess that these scammers with a new website and no 'business' have nothing better to do with their time than to try and drum up some business using every trick in the book and apparently even very dishonest methods such as shilling.

I have only been here four years and I can only imagine how much shilling Gil and Nathan have seen in their years running and administering this forum.

Consumers beware, talk forums are such a fertile ground for scammers.

I remember when I first joined here and I noticed long time members pointing out the type of behavior that I am now pointing out. I remember asking myself at the time, how do they know what is going on behind this 'seemingly sincere sounding post'?

All I can say is that eventually after spending enough time on a forum you develop a 'sense' of what fits the forum and also what is incongruent.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... its probably a duck.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: FBY Oval & Trills Ring by Knox

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 4

My Karma
Power: 452
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 09-25-07 , 11:15 AM

Well said, Brian.

Amy

Read Messages in: Gift Registries All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic anniversary gifts by anshuarora
Up a Topic Estimating the age of heirloom diamond ring posted in JEWELRY by drm
Older:
Down a Topic Gift registry questions by nicmc212
Down a Topic Question of ethics posted in JEWELRY by stci