DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   Diamonds Photo Gallery (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A few pictures of one of my favorite rings (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70464)

kleinkath 06-03-06 08:42 AM

A few pictures of one of my favorite rings

4 Attachment(s)
I have loved looking at all of the eye candy on this site, so thought that I would share some pictures of a round colored diamond that I have that the DH bought for me long before DT. It was actually the first piece of jewelry that he gave to me, so it is extra special for that reason.

I don't have any papers for it, and I don't know if the color is natural or irradiated. It was sold to my husband as olive green. Based on what I have read I would assume that the color is not natural, but I still love it. It was difficult to get a good picture of the color since it is cloudy here today.

Katherine

Snooper 06-03-06 10:50 AM

Re: A few pictures of one of my favorite rings

Awesome kleinkath! Thanks for sharing with us! It's sorta like a halo, which I like with colored gemstones:) May I ask how large the center stone is?

kleinkath 06-03-06 10:57 AM

Thanks Snooper! I love your new yellow RHR. When I got my cushion from DBL I thought about a setting like yours.

I believe that the center is about 0.5. But, I think that the cut is a little shallow as it looks bigger than that.

Snooper 06-03-06 11:08 AM

Mine is also a bit shallow. Just goes to show that numbers don't mean squat! When you get better lighting, I'd love to see that ring in the sunlight. I bet the colors change a bit:)

diamondjunkie 06-03-06 01:11 PM

KK: that is really pretty. You must get a lot of compliments on it. What a neat find!

DiamLady 06-03-06 04:35 PM

Thanks for the eye candy KK. :) You just don't see the fancy colors out there very often, and especially not the green ones! Of any shade of green. Those are pretty rare indeed.

I like the setting. It's like a Princess Di / Halo mix style. Very pretty with the round center.

kleinkath 06-04-06 11:27 AM

Thanks everyone!

Snooper, I will try to take some pictures outside when the sun is more cooperative.

I do love the color and sometimes it is much more yellow and others it is really green.

RubyMu 06-04-06 11:57 PM

Ohhh, I love green. MMm...a green diamond. Very pretty - even if it's not the natural colour!

abcm1125 06-05-06 12:39 AM

katherine~ That is a wonderful diamond. The setting is wonderful as well!

luvnjewelry 06-05-06 07:00 PM

How did I overlook this thread?? It is so gorgeous and unique! I can see why it is so special to you!!~Ronda

briolette 06-05-06 08:52 PM

Wow! THat's a really cool ring. So unique. Can we also get a profile shot of it?

pandora77 06-05-06 10:48 PM

Very unique and beautfiul ring! i can't wait to see more pictures of it!!

kleinkath 06-14-06 10:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry that I haven't posted any more pics yet. I was away on vacation for a week. (A whole week without internet...who knew that you could do that?!?!) Thanks again for all of the compliments.

Then it was right back to work for me on the plane to NYC the next day. I will try to get something up this weekend.

Snooper 06-14-06 11:40 AM

I'll be waiting for pictures :)

I miss NYC... <sigh> I need to get down there...

mimi123 06-18-06 06:29 PM

If I may say so - that is one GEORGEOUS ring!!Wow.....

briolette 07-05-06 12:57 AM

kleinkath, was the ring fully assembled when you got it or did you pick out a setting. I love the shared prong cluster style of this ring and want something like it for my loose stone.

kleinkath 07-05-06 10:00 AM

Hi Briloette,

Thank you for the compliments! I saw your new stone and love it! Congratulations.

The ring was already put together when my husband gave it to me. I like the shared prong as well. I think that makes it a little different.

briolette 07-06-06 02:11 PM

Do you happen to have a shot of you ring from the side? I'm curious what the undercarriage looks like. I may have to get something like this custom cast.

kleinkath 07-16-06 06:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Briolette,

Sorry that I haven't gotten a shot up for you sooner. I didn't have my camera with me while I was away. I cannot wait to see what you decide for your new brown diamond. I am sure that it will be gorgeous.

Here is a shot from the side. And, one or two more of it in the bright sun.

Katherine

abcm1125 07-16-06 07:06 AM

That ring is just beautiful!!!

briolette 07-17-06 03:43 PM

Thank you so much Kleinkath. This'll be very helpful.

Wow...that is just such a beautiful ring. It looks incredibly well made too. Does the green look different in various lighting conditions.

farsidej 08-19-06 07:45 PM

I just love the color!

CaraMish 08-19-06 09:02 PM

Wow!!! That's one gorgeous ring!!! Thanks for the great pics!!!

kleinkath 08-20-06 02:11 AM

Thanks again for your kind words!! It is so nice to share with other diamond lovers. I too love the color it is really eye catching :)

luvnjewelry 08-20-06 10:09 AM

I do love your ring too! The color tones remind me somewhat of my DBL ring! BTW...you have the prettiest hands.........I would never say the are the hands of a 37 year old......but a 22 year old!!!;)~Ronda