DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   Greet New Members (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Greetings, Searching for beauty on a budget (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66706)

ring4gl 01-24-06 03:53 AM

Greetings, Searching for beauty on a budget

Hi Everybody,

I've been reading the forums, and have found great help just from the questions already asked! wow is this forum such a great help for clueless souls like myself :shrug:

Well, I am ready to buy my gf an engagement ring. What I have in mind is something in the likes of the Tiffany 3 stone emerald cut ring, but obviously not for the $16k price tag that they have. My budget is more around the $5k region. I'd appreciate any help in being able to see how close to a similar / like ring I can get for my budget. Thanks alot to everybody in advance!

masuch 01-24-06 01:28 PM

Re: Greetings, Searching for beauty on a budget

Welcome! You have come to the right place, this is a great site to search on and get ideas. I can tell you that I had tremendous luck with Diamonds by Lauren look at thier web page, they have exactly what your looking for and David (the owner) can work within your budget!
I just had a great experience and Highly rec. them. Masuch

contial 01-24-06 04:30 PM

Welcome, I am new to posting on the boards too, so this is just my personal opnion (I am no diamond expert).
I love WebGals idea! It is what I am hoping to do in the future. I decided to try and get the largest, best quality single diamond I could that fit within our budget. My budget was basically the same as yours. We ended up with a non branded asscher cut (square emerald cut) that is just a little over a carat. I am thrilled with it.
I did this because I would really like to hold onto the diamond I originally recieved instead of having to trade it in for an upgrade if I decide to do so in the future. My plan is to just possibly change my solitare into a new setting with some extra bling attached. Hurry up 5yr anniversary!!!
I have also seen some wonderful three stone rings out there DBL had/has a 3 stone asscher that I drooled over for a while that would have fit into our budget.
I am sure some of the wonderful diamond/jewelry experts on here can give you an idea of what you can get that will fit into your budget.

ring4gl 01-24-06 05:31 PM

Thanks! I think i am going to stick with the 3 stone, mainly because I know my gf loves this type of setting. However, what size center stone do you think I can afford? I don't want to overpay and later find out i could have gotten something nicer.

ring4gl 01-24-06 08:39 PM

oh thanks for the reply david! well, i do want to stick to the platinum, for the look and the quality of the metal.

Like webgal suggested, as long as the ring to the eye is still clear, shines nicely, I'd love to have a larger center stone. Thanks alot for the help again. =)

DiamLady 01-24-06 10:34 PM

Ah yes.... that bad boy is AWESOME! I've been drooling over him myself!

And if David says it'a a great si2, you can believe it! I too have had a great experience with DBL and was totally happy!

If you get that center, it would sure have a big look for the $$!!

yogimel 01-25-06 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebGal
I am tempted (yet again) to post my 3-stone emerald cut. But I am going to resist.

Eh, go ahead as post it. What the hay. You only live once - go crazy.

ring4gl 01-25-06 11:34 AM

WOW that is very nice! I'd definitely be interested in something like that... is it a simple platinum setting? I am very impressed with your ring :)

masuch 01-25-06 01:09 PM

WB I love that ring it is just classic and elegant.
Ring4gl - I can tell you that you can trust David to find stones that will just set the center stone beautifully. WB ring is timeless, your soon to be will love it. Masuch

ring4gl 01-25-06 01:25 PM

webgal, if i may ask, what's the clarity on your ring stone?

DiamLady 01-25-06 01:51 PM

I just lllooovvveee Webgals' ring! Wheeee, it's a beaut!

I've forgotten what size the center is but it looks enormous!!

canukgal 01-25-06 02:19 PM

HI:

Whoa--what a beauty! Very elegant.

cheers--Sharon

ring4gl 01-25-06 02:35 PM

Wow, I really enjoy looking at your ring. It is very very nice.

David, I appreciate the responses and recommendation. I'm sorry if I can't jump in and decide right away, I just want to be sure when I make such an important purchase (not so much because of the money, although I do want to get good value, but more because of what the e-ring will signify.)

I saw this at one of the related sites:

Shape: Emerald Cut
Carat: 1.50 center stone, 1.0 carats side stones
Color: G
Clarity: VS
Setting Type: Prong

$6,200.00

is there anything i can sacrifice to get tha size center stone, but come closer to my budget?

ring4gl 01-25-06 02:37 PM

oh i forgot to mention, platinum setting. i'm not sure if it's ok to mention the site, but if it is lemme know and I will. It's one of the vendors from here though.

briolette 01-25-06 04:51 PM

OMG! Webgal--that's an absolutely gorgeous ring! It's perfect. I'd enjoy that everyday. (I enjoy mine every day and it's just a solitare)

Ring4gl, I've seen lots of pictures and excellent testimonies from people here how have a DBL ring. Its always nice to have someone who will work with your budget instead of trying to push you over your budget.

The one you posted above, is it just for the setting or does it also include the center stone? Are the side stones 1 ct. each or total?

ring4gl 01-25-06 06:12 PM

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engag...etting-674.html

here it is.

MustangGal 01-25-06 06:41 PM

I think that price doesn't include the center stone, just the setting and the side stones...

ring4gl 01-25-06 07:06 PM

and you wonder by newbs desperately need forums like these :hitself:

ring4gl 01-25-06 07:31 PM

Thanks Again David,

For the previous stone you had posted, my main concern is that i'm going to spend the money, but that the inclusion will be too noticeable, and spoil the gift (well in my eyes at least, i'm sure my gf will love whatever i can put together). Can you give me an idea of what the total amount would be for a ring like this? Let me know if you would rather e-mail me, or if through the forums is fine? Thanks again for the help! (I really like the setting webgal has, or something similar to the vatche or tiffany settings)

DiamLady 01-25-06 07:57 PM

ring4gl, that is certainly a gorgeous quality ring!!

But the price listed does NOT include a center diamond. It does include the two side diamonds and the setting itself. It states that in the text a little further down the page.

DiamLady 01-25-06 07:58 PM

DUH on me! I didn't realize you all had told him that cuz I didn't read the second page to the thread. ACK! Sorry!! :hitself:

barry 01-25-06 08:41 PM

Let me jump in here and say that the link and price just referenced from our website DOES NOT include the CENTER DIAMOND.

Ring4gl has been in contact with us about this Vatche Setting a number of times and I believe that we made this very clear both over the phone and via e-mail. The text on our Product Page also makes this very clear.

If you can get this type of quality ring in Platinum with a decent color-clarity-Cut, 1.5 carat center stone and 1 carat TCTWT as sidestones for 5K, let me know where and Judah and I will be there with a Ford RAM Tough 4 DR Pickup and buy up the entire inventory.

ring4gl 01-25-06 08:52 PM

Yeah, I recently got on the phone before I had that confirmed by these postings. As I already replied in the forum... :hitself:

I am glad these forums are available, and the help the friendly staff of Exceldiamonds provided. Please note that in no way whatsoever are any of my posts trying to claim that exceldiamonds was misleading, and I am the one who was confused.

I am trying to ask as many questions, so that I am not confused when I purchase the ring for my lovely gf. thanks a bunch again.

nyctwinklebell 02-09-06 08:33 PM

hi webgal I loooove your ring! may I ask the carat weight of each of the 3 stones and your ring finger size?

Amatrine 02-09-06 10:54 PM

Wow, webgal. I LOVE that ring:)) Congrats:)
Nice work on that David. OK, I will stop drooling now,lol

Amatrine