DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   Diamonds Photo Gallery (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sharing my sparklies.... (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53864)

Ginger7 06-12-04 11:38 AM

didiamond, thanks for taking the time to take all those pictures for us!!

Your collection is exceptional! You have such great taste!! I'm so in love with the canary tennis bracelet, and paired with the matching ring, it's just breathtaking!

Absolutely gorgeous! Was one of these your original engagement ring? I'm just curious :)

keetercat 06-12-04 11:50 AM

hey di-
my computer even had a fit over your jewelry!
when I emailed my hubby the pics of your jewelry, it was a lot of data to send and my computer locked up on me and kept saying "sending message".
well it took about 4 hours for it to quit! I shut it off, did everything I could think of and it wouldnt stop! when it finally did, my hubby emailed me back and says "yes, I got your email, all 15 of them!" :p:
my computer decided to just keep sending them, over and over! maybe it was trying to tell him something. :p:

Jasmin 06-12-04 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by didiamond
Actually my jeweler had it sitting in his case the day I went in.

didiamond, did all these pieces come from this same jeweler? Man, I would love to visit THAT store! I can't even imagine walking into a store around my area that would just have a piece like that sitting in his case...yummy!

susi 06-12-04 02:42 PM

didiamond, Welcome... and thank you for sending pics of your stunning diamond family. I have looked them over several times and have enjoyed it so much!

Like children, how could one pick a favorite?? I think, to me, it would be the RB with those lovely ovals.

As you have the time please continue to send more pics...we'll never tire of seeing them :)

crownoflaurel 06-12-04 03:19 PM

i don't know if there's really anything to add, but you are a very lucky lady with excellent taste. i love them all, but the emerald cut three stone was the one that really got my attention.

didiamond 06-12-04 04:30 PM

You ALL are sooo nice! MY heart skipped a beat with all of these replies. I am so glad I found this site and can share my collection with you. You've made my weekend brighter! Thank you so much to each and every one of you!! :D

Now, to answer your questions (oh boy, here we go)...

keetercat, that is too funny about emailing the pics to your hubby. I can't believe it kept sending them! It must mean that getting a larger diamond is "meant to be", otherwise it wouldn't have sent them at all! :D :D

andreayung and finerthings, should I pass out applications for adoption? It doesn't have to be a daughter, a sister will do! Okay, 2 sisters but you would have to be willing to share.

kellysobin, no they are not from DBL although David's gems are stunning!

msdiamondLil, thank you for your feedback about the pear. I had the same feeling about the side pears helping to "widen" the center stone. I knew that the depth was a little short but I couldn't get over the sparkliness (is that a word?) of the stone. I know you have to "give and take" in the world of diamonds but I'm still questioning my decision. Maybe it's because I had it set "medium" high instead of low. I don't know. Sometimes I think that the side pears should be a little more angled down so as not to seem as though the pear was "flying". And MAYBE (and my hubby will agree!) I just think too much! LOL

TntWalter, nope I just wear one at a time. My hand would drop to the ground if I had all of them on! Actually, on occasion I will wear two of them if we're going somewhere nice but only if the hubby is there to protect me!

widget, MORE? Do you really think that I have more? Okay, twist my arm. Please, please don't think I'm crazy. I do have a few more pieces that I inherited from my MIL. I just thought I would freak everyone out as it was with what I posted. It's not sunny out today so give me a few days to get them posted.

ginger, I knew the question about the original would come up. The answer is no. I started out 18 years ago with a 1.01 RB that belonged to my MIL. When we asked her about upgrading it, her reply was "Go for it! The bigger the better!" It took me a LONG to get to these rings. I always thought that 3 cts was TOO BIG. I guess I matured! :D The pear ring is the upgraded, upgraded, upgraded, etc. e-ring. All of the others were extremely generous bonuses from my DDH!

jasmin, yes they are all from the same jeweler. Actually, his store is small but he definately has a variety of jewels. And if he doesn't have it then he can get it or make it. He's a great guy to work with. We sometimes go to Vegas with him when there is a jewelry show. I don't get to go to the show but it's fun to hang out with him and his buyer.

susi, I like that..my diamond family. Too cute! And your right I can't pick a favorite. I try to give them "equal" time! LOL

Whew...I hope I didn't leave any questions unanswered. Thank you again for being so kind. It is so much fun to talk about jewelry and diamonds on DT! :banana:

AGSHF 06-12-04 04:57 PM

Hi didiamond,

I have to add my voice to the chorus of stunned :) appreciation for the collection of jewels you have. You are very fortunate to have the luxury of enjoying these beauties!

Your pieces are all classics and I suspect that you wear them well, no matter the occasion. I know what it's like to be a "chauffeur," as that's my present occupation for my daughter as well, and we all deserve bonuses for our devotion to our jobs. :)

I eagerly look forward to seeing what else you have to share with us. Wear them all in great health!

widget 06-12-04 05:12 PM

GOODY GOODY GOODY!!!! I can't wait to see what else, you've got!

This thread has gotten me to thinking about what a great place DiamondTalk is!! Out in the real world, one can't talk about, obsess about, and 'show off' one's treasures...I can't, anyway.
When I get a new piece, I don't share my excitement with anyone...I'm sort of embarrassed about my "extravagance".(sp?). Here, talking and sharing is strongly incouraged and greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, again, Didiamond!!
Widget

assoverteacups 06-12-04 05:53 PM

absolutly stunning!

Sherrie 06-12-04 05:56 PM

didiamond,

If you are taking request, I want more pictures of your RB stone. :facelick: Truly amazing!!!!!!

trific 06-12-04 06:02 PM

For the first, and likely only, time in my life I am completely and utterly SPEECHLESS!!! They're simply too delicious for words.......... I want to meet your husband and can he come to Michigan and talk to my soon to be fiance about the importance of large and beautiful sparklies???? :facelick:

mtorres00 06-12-04 06:50 PM

AMAZING COLLECTION!! :facelick:

luvmysquatchy 06-12-04 08:38 PM

OOOooOOoOoOOoOoooOOoooo!! !!!!! :D :D :D

Sparkly and beautiful!!

luvnjewelry 06-12-04 09:16 PM

I came upon this thread and I have to say.WWWWWWWWWWWoooooooooo oooWWWWW!!! They all took my breath away!! I am also amazed at how many you have and the carat weights,etc... I find it hard to believe that the pear diamond ring is "fair" in symmetry. I would never have said that and it just goes to show you that you can't go by a piece of paper all the time....you have to see it with your eyes. It is stunning! Love all the sparklies!!....O.k. I am done...I am going back to the first post to look and drool :facelick: again!!!! Ha-ha, Ronda

Shay37 06-12-04 09:44 PM

First of all, Diane, you need to warn people with a disclaimer on your thread that what we will see when we open your post will likely cause heart palpitations, so we can be appropriately medicated. :D What a beautiful collection of sparklies. Yes, we do want to see the whole thing. This is the one place you will find that people do not get jealous or catty over what you have; we are just thrilled to know that there is hope for our DH's or SO's. LOL My DH is so not about the sparklies. ...sigh... Oh, well. Maybe your husband can e-mail all of ours about the importance on a lasting marriage of all the sparklies you can carry and then some. (Shay says with tongue firmly in cheek)

Yes, he's obviously a wonderful man because you're his "sparkly girl." (Behind every great man is an even greater woman picking up his undies) LOL Congrats on your 18 years together and wishing you many, many more.

Shay

Amethyste 06-12-04 09:52 PM

Sigh,
I love love love the pear ring. I ALWAYS wanted a pear like that.
Maybe one day? grin... A girl can dream! :)

Jasmin 06-12-04 10:00 PM

Quote:

jasmin, yes they are all from the same jeweler. Actually, his store is small but he definately has a variety of jewels. And if he doesn't have it then he can get it or make it. He's a great guy to work with. We sometimes go to Vegas with him when there is a jewelry show. I don't get to go to the show but it's fun to hang out with him and his buyer.

:banana:

Oh you lucky lucky gal! I would love to go to the Vegas jewelry shows and "hang" with the guys!! Also you are lucky to have a great personal jeweler, it is so important to have a jeweler that you have built a good relationship with isnt it? I have a personal jeweler that I use too and makes life so much easier when you want something as he knows my taste and what or how I want something done...

mira 06-12-04 10:58 PM

didiamond

let me me the next in line to say WOW that is a gorgeous collection! The thing that I think everyone is responding to, is the fact that - even though this is quite a "honker" collection - every piece is in exceptionally good taste. Any person with money can buy a honker, but your collection displays more than mere affluence - good for you!

didiamond 06-13-04 12:12 PM

Thanks again everybody! You all can really keep a smile on a girl's face! :D

(Can someone tell me how to do quotes with just a portion of the text? I just can't seem to figure it out. I tried searching for a thread about it and ended up reading a 28 page thread on another subject for HOURS AND HOURS yesterday!! I never did find anything. Thanks!)

widget, I know exactly how you feel. That's why I'm enjoying DT sooo much!

sherrie, request noted! :)

trific, my DH thought that was soo funny! He thinks that he should send a mass emailing to all DHs and BFs!!

shay, thanks so much!! My hubby is pretty good at sparklie talk with DHs. I've seen it happen! How? I don't know but it worked! She ended up with a 2 ct. radiant cut and a 4 ct. tennis bracelet and this guy absolutely DID NOT believe in buying expensive jewelry!

amethyste, dreams DO come true! :D

Thanks everyone for your kind, kind words!

MsDiamondLil 06-13-04 01:12 PM

Okay, Diane, I'm still drooling over that pear!! I even *made* my husband look at it, and of course I got the usual response: "Very nice." Ugh!!!! :mad: Well, I guess I'm still lucky. He does let me buy a few nice sparklies now and again.

The next time you get your camera out, can you take some side shots so I can see the height and the type of head the center pear is mounted in? I am having a custom setting made for my pear, and I have not finalized the head yet -- basket or crown style.

Thanks,
MsDiamondLil

Jasmin 06-13-04 01:45 PM

Quote:

(Can someone tell me how to do quotes with just a portion of the text? I just can't seem to figure it out. I tried searching for a thread about it and ended up reading a 28 page thread on another subject for HOURS AND HOURS yesterday!! I never did find anything. Thanks!)

Hi! How I do it is I hit the "quote" button on the post you want to quote on, then I delete the info not relevant to what I want to reply to, and then type in your message after the end of the quote marks...does that make sense? you can practice on my post if you want, just hit the "quote" button on this post and try it! have fun!

widget 06-13-04 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasmin
you can practice on my post if you want, just hit the "quote" button on this post and try it! have fun!

Thanks, Jasmin!! I've been wondering that forever!! Go ahead, Didiamond..your turn! :)

Widget

didiamond 06-13-04 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasmin
Hi! you can practice on my post if you want, just hit the "quote" button on this post and try it! have fun!

Cool Jasmin! Okay, that was easy but what happens when you need to do more than one quote in a post? (I promise that's the last question!) If I hit "back" then I lose the quote I already had. Computers are still a mystery to me! :confused:

I'm glad it helped you too widget!

msdiamondlil, I'm on it!

Amethyste 06-13-04 03:20 PM

Can't wait to see more pics of the pears.
I am drooling in advance....

didiamond 06-13-04 06:02 PM

New Pics....

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, give me a few minutes here to upload these pics. I only know how to do one at a time.

The first one is of the diamond necklace (15+ ctw) and bracelet (around 8 ctw) I inherited from my MIL. (I'm not sure as to the exact ctw on these)...