DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   JEWELRY (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thinking of selling a bracelet. How do I price it? (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114593)

DiscoKitten 06-01-10 06:27 PM

Thinking of selling a bracelet. How do I price it?

Hi all

I am thinking of selling a diamond and sapphire bracelet. How do I know how to price it? I bought it about 3 years ago. I have the specs of the bracelet. I had an independent appraisal done by a GIA certified gemologist but this was a month after I bought it making the appraisal out of date I guess.

I know when selling jewelry, you don't get near the price you paid for it originally. So, my question is, how do I price it?

If I write the specs in this post, would someone give me an estimate of what I should ask for and what I should expect to get?

thanks in advance!

BeadMe 06-02-10 01:14 AM

Re: Thinking of selling a bracelet. How do I price it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoKitten
Hi all

I am thinking of selling a diamond and sapphire bracelet. How do I know how to price it? I bought it about 3 years ago. I have the specs of the bracelet. I had an independent appraisal done by a GIA certified gemologist but this was a month after I bought it making the appraisal out of date I guess.

I know when selling jewelry, you don't get near the price you paid for it originally. So, my question is, how do I price it?

If I write the specs in this post, would someone give me an estimate of what I should ask for and what I should expect to get?

thanks in advance!

Hi DiscoKitten!

Welcome :)

Conduct some research first, you can click search for 'jewelry' or diamonds with an estimated budget and compare your item to these for sale jewels.
Look around, and you will see the helpful calculating tool(s) here at Diamond Ring.
So the grading certificate is a month younger than the said items, and IMO it's enough that you have a reputable GIA certificate.,and usually if the items aren't graded then one will proceed to a grading lab.,so the time interval is relatively fine.
How do you price it? depends on your capacity to sell ... Can you sell it for 30% higher than the original price? or you can go down to 40% less from its original prize.
Some sellers are offering best deals,up to 'wow' bargains because they need the cash immediately, and then no sweat.. win-win scenario.
Re-asses, why are you selling these items?
I'm not an expert, ayt?! So lets wait for more opinions.
and feel free to post the specs, there are many supportive people around here.
Lastly, check out other threads, some sold items and the 'bidding' process are there, and its so nice to see how they sell delicate pieces at a reasonable price.
I hope that you can show us some photos.

'Till then cheers!

Keep us posted! :smilepanc

anni123 06-02-10 02:42 AM

Diamond Jewellery

I would love to see the picture

DiscoKitten 06-02-10 07:11 AM

Hi Beadme!

Thanks so much for the reply! I think you misunderstood though. I got the appraisal a month after I bought the bracelet not before. I brought it to a GIA certified gemologist independent appraiser. I don't have a certificate, I just have an appraisal the appraiser worked up.

I have specs because the specs were on the tag of the bracelet. I took it to an appraiser to make sure the specs were accurate and I got what I paid for.

To answer your question, I am selling the bracelet because I don't love it. It sits in a box and I never wore it besides trying it on in the store. It was an impulse purchase sad to say. Since it's been sitting in a box, I would like to sell it. I could sure use the money!

I'll pull out the informatin about it and post later, thanks again!! :)

anni123 06-03-10 08:30 AM

Diamond Rings

Do you have picture of it??

BeadMe 06-03-10 09:04 AM

Hello!

My bad, I thought you had a GIA's certificate 'younger' than the jewelry 'official receipt' LOL
And I agree, those unloved jewels must go!
I'm looking forward to see those items in the 'BUY' category which means for us to see.. :)
'Till then, cheers!
Think, think, think, and click that 'sell' button!