DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting the most out of this forum (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   VBCode Lesson 3: Images (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15545)

GilbertZ 04-26-02 02:38 AM

To include an image that is already on the internet in a post, use the following code:

:imgex:

and this is the result:

GilbertZ 09-12-02 12:53 PM

How to attach an image from your computer

1 Attachment(s)
To attach an image to your post, click the "Browse" button to select a file on your computer.

GilbertZ 09-12-02 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Note the image above...after clicking on browse you will be brought to a list of files on your computer...navigate your computer's hard drive until you find the image you want to upload, you will see a box similar to the image below:

GilbertZ 09-12-02 12:57 PM

Then make sure that you have typed something in the "Subject" field for new posts (not required if you are replying to a post)..and that you also have something in the message field as well...click Submit and you're done!

acugirl 09-30-03 02:09 PM

i have tried to include pictures with my replies- and it never works, and i follow all your directions. is there something special i need to do if i am on a mac? i have browsed, selected and then posted my replies, but a picture (usually jpeg ) never shows up like everyone elses. :confused:

Help!

-Meredith

Scintillate 11-10-03 02:38 PM

Whenever I try to post a picture it tells me that it is too big.

memphisluvr 11-17-03 01:05 AM

I still don't know how to attach pictures from the net. I remember being told to right click on the picture and then click properties, I think. Whenever I right click on a picture I only get Open link, open link in new window, etc. No properties.

Any answers? I haven't been able to figure it out.

honeybee627 11-12-06 04:16 PM

Same problem with Mac

I am on a Mac and even though it seems that my photos have uploaded sucessfully, they do not show up on screen.
Suggestions?

GilbertZ 11-12-06 04:51 PM

Re: Same problem with Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee627
I am on a Mac and even though it seems that my photos have uploaded sucessfully, they do not show up on screen.
Suggestions?

After you upload the picture you have to finish the post or it won't show. Did the thread/post show up successfully and not the picture? If so, Which post?

honeybee627 11-12-06 04:56 PM

Thanks

Yes, the thread is there but no pics. I think that my photos were too big but my browser did not indicate that when I uploaded.
I was using Safari - am going to try again with IE.

The post is in the Estate Jewelry thread. "Looking for advice on potential OEC purchase"

Thanks!

GilbertZ 11-12-06 05:06 PM

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee627
Yes, the thread is there but no pics. I think that my photos were too big but my browser did not indicate that when I uploaded.
I was using Safari - am going to try again with IE.

The post is in the Estate Jewelry thread. "Looking for advice on potential OEC purchase"

Thanks!

Do you know how to resize images?

honeybee627 11-12-06 05:20 PM

Sort of

Yes...on a PC. I am struggling with my fiancees Mac. I got the images down to under 500KB, but now I get this message:

File Too Large. Limits are 700 x 0. Your file is 1042 x 960.

Huh? How can the limit be 700 x 0?

honeybee627 11-12-06 05:35 PM

Got it now

Thanks so much for your help. I've posted my pics.

Melissa

Joia 01-08-07 04:14 PM

My double pearls

1 Attachment(s)
I want to share this picture of some of my favourite pearls, doubles with a citrine clasp.

maven 08-19-07 08:02 AM

Re: VBCode Lesson 3: Images

Ok where is the browse button that allows me to access my computers pictures? I have looked and tried and I get nothing. :help22: On other sites I press the mountain looking thingy and my computers files open up to attach.
Thanks!

GilbertZ 08-19-07 01:04 PM

Re: VBCode Lesson 3: Images

You're looking at the old version of this page...the new image tutorial is here.