DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   Planning a Wedding (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone get married in Hawaii? (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41541)

Scintillate 10-10-03 10:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone got married in Hawaii? That is what we are thinking of doing, unless it turns out to be obscenely expensive. Any tips/experiences/ideas?

Kamuelamom 10-11-03 03:24 AM

Hello & welcome to DT.

I live in warm & sunny Hawaii, and I did indeed get married here. There are many romantic options, sunsets on the beach are very popular here, or against natural waterfalls...

I believe dbeth, who also posts here had her wedding in Maui. Do a quick search and you'll find lots of ideas.

Also, Mara on Pricescope has the full rundown on her wedding site inspection on the island of Kauai.

Scintillate 10-11-03 01:57 PM

Thanks for the reply! I've done searches on the internet for Hawaii weddings and it looks like there are tons of options.

Cal 10-12-03 08:31 AM

It's my dream...

...to get married in Hawaii some day! (K-mom knows how connected I feel to Hawaii. ;) )

I subscribe to some Hawaiian magazines and they always have ads for wedding services.

Keep us posted on your plans and decisions.

~CAL

BrownsFan 10-13-03 09:36 PM

We went to Kona, and stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village for the room. We got married at the Mana Lani (somebody at the hotel pulled some strings for us, we got a huge favor!) on the beach with our dinner at the Canoe House. It was just me and my husband. I didn't have a formal wedding dress, just simple white one and my husband wore a dinner jacket. It was so beautiful, it is impossible to put into words. We did all kinds of fun stuff all over the big island. Our biggest expense was the hotel room. The concierge at the hotel was amazing, so helpful. They helped me with license paperwork, getting a photographer, all the detail stuff. It's been almost 6 years and I wouldn't change a thing. I love Hawaii, I find it to be an almost magical place. We are going to live there when we retire. No joke!

Kamuelamom 10-14-03 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownsFan
We went to Kona, and stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Village for the room. We got married at the Mana Lani (somebody at the hotel pulled some strings for us, we got a huge favor!) on the beach with our dinner at the Canoe House. It was just me and my husband. I didn't have a formal wedding dress, just simple white one and my husband wore a dinner jacket. It was so beautiful, it is impossible to put into words. We did all kinds of fun stuff all over the big island. Our biggest expense was the hotel room. The concierge at the hotel was amazing, so helpful. They helped me with license paperwork, getting a photographer, all the detail stuff. It's been almost 6 years and I wouldn't change a thing. I love Hawaii, I find it to be an almost magical place. We are going to live there when we retire. No joke!

Brownsfan, holy smokes, you were practically in my back yard!!!! Well, not quite, but v-e-r-y close. I worked at that Hilton for 7 years, even before it became a Hilton (when it was still a Hyatt). *That* is an incredible property, although so is the Mauna Lani. Glad you enjoyed the Big Island.

Cal, ;)

Dbeth, apologies, I know you got married in California by your most beautiful wedding picture thread, but didn't you honeymoon or something in Maui? Could be crossing my DT posters here...apologies again. :)

BrownsFan 10-14-03 08:11 AM

Well, K-mom, we now own a couple of condos at the Waikoloa Village. What can I say, I tried to persuade Hubby and Father-in-law to spend the money on diamonds, but they insisted on buying property! We (my husbands family) own 3 at Waikoaloa Shores, and we own some land up the road a bit. The name is escaping me at the moment, but it has Ranch in it, and incredible views from the mountain. When I stepped off the plane in Kona, I felt like I had come home. My FIL felt the same way. He is originally from India, so the Hawaii is like his little slice of heaven. We try and go once a year, and my children love it. I love learning more about the history of the Big Island, the ancient kings and queens and seeing some of the original homes on the Island. My tagline should say mahalo. And, yes, the Hilton/Hyatt is unbelievable. I still walk around that property like a kid in a candy store. My favorite place is the hill overlooking the ocean with the Buddah statue on it.
Ahhhh, Hawaii. What a nice way to start the morning! Mahalo! (hope that's not butchering it)

JVic 11-24-03 07:33 PM

Kona Photographer Needed

I'm getting married in Kona on Dec 27th and still need a photographer. There are many listed on the web but I'd prefer to have a reccomendation. Its a small wedding (6-10 people). The budget is real tight as you can imagine. Any suggestions are appreciated.

ourweddingplns@hotmail.co m