DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIAMONDS (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs! (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71587)

KrazyLady 07-17-06 09:07 PM

Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
 
I've been married for 15 years, and in the past 6 weeks have not been able to wear my wedding set--my finger gets welts and turns red. The ring is 14K. I went to the Dr who said I've developed an allergy to 14K, but I have been wearing a 14K emerald ring on the other hand without incident. Any ideas????


The preceding form was filled out on our Ask Forum page.

gemologygal 07-17-06 09:55 PM

Re: Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
 
My friend at work had a similar thing happen to her. She has an 18K wedding set and literally, out of the blue, she developed a rash and allergic reaction on her ring finger. After a visit to the doctor and then a prescription for a type of hydrocortisone cream, the rash was still there and still only near the ring.

About a month & a half later, it cleared up out of nowhere. Coincidentally, another co-worker talked to her and casually mentioned that her rings started making her fingers itch (14K gold) and it turned out that the cleaning crew had made a temporary switch in hand soap in the ladies restrooms because their usual brand was not in stock, so a substitute was used. Once the regular brand was back in and then placed back in the restrooms, that was when the rashes, etc. stopped.

RubyMu 07-18-06 01:19 AM

Re: Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
 
It may be an allergy to something else, check out any changes you've made, or as jennifer said above, any changes you may not be aware of, like soap at work.

diamondjunkie 07-18-06 02:15 AM

Re: Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
 
I was gonna say soap too! Wedding bands and ERs catch more soap underneath because of their combined width which may explain why you don't have the problem with your other ring.

abcm1125 07-18-06 03:12 AM

Re: Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
 
You need to make sure your rings are clean, and after you wash your hands make sure that your fingers ar totaly dry before putting your ring on. this can trap water on the surface of your skin and if your hands get hot they will break out as well. Kinda like diaper rash on your finger~ same problem the water has nowhere to go and your body it trying to get rid of water anyway.


All times are GMT -4. The current time is 05:59 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.