DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Remembering Mercier... (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213383)

rodentman 05-29-13 12:32 PM

Remembering Mercier...

Some of you may remember Mercier, this dear man from Singapore with a huge heart of gold.

As we approach the 10 year anniversary of his passing, please take time from your day to think of him and his kindness.

irish 06-02-13 02:05 AM

Re: Remembering Mercier...

Hi Rodie! You always remember to remind us of sweet Mercier, thanks. He was a real sweetheart and those days of conversational threads (with him and all) were so interesting and mostly fun ;). I miss them.
I'll be wearing the ruby heart Mercier gave me to a wedding next weekend.
Irish :shades:

rodentman 06-03-13 05:22 PM

I am glad that someone else here will remember him, as time goes on....

Cal 07-06-13 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentman
I am glad that someone else here will remember him, as time goes on....

Oh my! I haven't been on this site in many years, but logged on today and the thread title "Remembering Mercier" immediately caught my eye.

I found Diamond Talk 10+ years ago. I was about to turn 40 in 2003 and wanted to buy myself a diamond ring. I relied on the insight and expertise of DT members to help me educate myself on diamonds. In the end, I bought a few loose diamonds and worked with Mark Morrell to design a custom ring. In a month I'll be 50...so yeah, it's been 10 years since I first discovered DT.

I actively participated on this site for awhile back then, and totally remember Mercier! He was so sweet and generous and kind! I was so saddened when I learned he had died. It amazed me how we could all feel so connected to someone on the other side of the world, who we had never met - just through an online connection based on shared interests.

So yes...ten years later, I'm taking a moment to also remember Mercier.

rodentman 07-18-13 04:26 PM

I think he would want our rememberances to be a part of his legacy. I joined ST 10 years ago also as I was looking for a new diamond for our 25th anniversary.

Cyberkat 10-09-13 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentman
Some of you may remember Mercier, this dear man from Singapore with a huge heart of gold.

As we approach the 10 year anniversary of his passing, please take time from your day to think of him and his kindness.

I think of Mercier (Shannon) every time I wear some of the many lovely gifts he sent me...Everything from a beautiful hand strung pink pearl necklace, pearl earrings, a fantastic South Sea black pearl I wear on a black silky string necklace...he even sent spices to us to sample.

He was always sending gifts to the members and having little contests and games with prizes.

He was a beautiful person who left us too soon.

I rarely post on forums but I just saw this post about Mercier and I wanted to say that I miss him and I won't ever forget him. He made so many of us happy with his wonderful heart of gold.

rodentman 11-08-13 06:26 PM

It's critical we remember, lest we forget.

ladyluck 11-14-14 10:36 PM

Rodentman posted this last year so now I suppose it is the 11th anniversary of Mercier's death. I'm sorry I missed this post. Who could forget the gentle and kind soul of Mercier? I will always think fondly of him.

rodentman 12-09-14 03:06 PM

Yes, I figured that since probably few people here remember him that I would post every anniversary, but I certainly thought about him.

rodentman 06-08-16 09:22 AM

It's now 13 years

Another anniversary has come and we should all take a moment to remember the kindnesses of Shannon, all too rare in today's world.

We would be a lot better off with more people such as him, and less of the current rancor.

RM