DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIAMONDS (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   $20,000 Budget for a diamond....Need help! (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152045)

JTOUPS1214 01-13-12 11:54 AM

$20,000 Budget for a diamond....Need help!

After racking my brain for months, I'm trying to get a little advice on the perfect diamond for my budget. I can spend $20K on the stone.

Only thing I know for certain, is that I want a "triple EX" stone, and it must be round.
Can you suggest color, carat, and clarity??

Sure, I'd like a decent sized stone, but most importantly I want it look amazing and really sparkle (And know the cut is important for that!)

Thanks for all your help!

Jan 01-18-12 11:24 AM

Re: $20,000 Budget for a diamond....Need help!

Realistically you are probaby in the 1 and three quarter range VS2 G, or if you stretch a little there is a gorgeous 2.00 ct. SI1 G that is amazing for the price.

MikeR11 01-19-12 06:31 AM

Have you had a look around? There are so many combinations of carat weight, color and clarity out there. It just depends on what is available and what you prefer over others. I'd say that making cut your priority is a sound decision...now you just have to see what is available and compare prices

walshbride 08-11-12 04:56 AM

I think with your budget you can get a truly amazing Diamond! My E-ring has a GIA champagne .90 ct ideal cut, and it only cost 3000$. My jeweler was searching for the right Diamond for this price for me and I had a great deal with it.

I had my ring custom made by TorkkeliJewellery. I had my friends giving him recommendations, he has made them absolutely beutiful Rings in the past!

(One of my friends had this beautiful fancy yellow 4ct diamond in platinum band with to 1.5ct Diamonds and a lot of smaller diamonds all over the ring made by him. The fancy diamond alone was around 35 000$ but it was a great deal, That is why I decided to order my ring from there.

DiamondAdvice 09-20-12 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTOUPS1214
After racking my brain for months, I'm trying to get a little advice on the perfect diamond for my budget. I can spend $20K on the stone.

Only thing I know for certain, is that I want a "triple EX" stone, and it must be round.
Can you suggest color, carat, and clarity??

Sure, I'd like a decent sized stone, but most importantly I want it look amazing and really sparkle (And know the cut is important for that!)

Thanks for all your help!

A $20k budget can result in many diamond size, color and clarity combinations. As long as you are limiting yourself to ideal diamond proportion sets you will then be able to decide what YOU find most important and value the most in a diamond.

For example, you could choose a 1.00ct D VS1 for around $16k, a 1.5ct H SI1 for $16K, or a 2.00ct M VS2 for $16K.