DiamondRing.com

DiamondRing.com (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIAMONDS (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What can I expect for $5-10K? (http://www.diamondring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153399)

FirstTimer5 07-28-12 01:07 AM

What can I expect for $5-10K?

I know this is a wide range, in the $5,000 to $10,000 range. But when looking for a loose diamond in this range, I was hoping I could get a bit of direction as to what I can expect to find at the stores.

I know I can find a .25ct J, SI1 Good cut diamond, but i would be overpaying at the $5,000 mark

and I know that a 4ct D, VVS1 Excellent cut diamond could never be found for a price as low as $10,000.

So to get the 'best' ROUND diamond, what would you suggest is the correct mix of the C's to get the largest size with the most 'sparkle' that can be seen?

I must have at least 1ct, must have at least VS2 and it should be noted that this will be set in yellow gold, though likely a 6-prong setting, but maybe 8 -- the setting will not "surround" the table, so if there are options other than prongs, they may also be taken into account.

I am getting a bit off topic though, can anyone suggest a diamond i should "look" for that will be both large and sparkle, in this price range that gets the most 'bang for the buck' please? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
  • Clarity: 0
  • Table Percent: 0
  • Girdle: 0 0
  • Culet: 00
  • Polish: 0
  • Symmetry: 0
The preceding form was filled out on our Ask DT page.

DiamondAdvice 09-20-12 07:15 AM

Re: What can I expect for $5-10K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimer5
I know this is a wide range, in the $5,000 to $10,000 range. But when looking for a loose diamond in this range, I was hoping I could get a bit of direction as to what I can expect to find at the stores.

I know I can find a .25ct J, SI1 Good cut diamond, but i would be overpaying at the $5,000 mark

and I know that a 4ct D, VVS1 Excellent cut diamond could never be found for a price as low as $10,000.

So to get the 'best' ROUND diamond, what would you suggest is the correct mix of the C's to get the largest size with the most 'sparkle' that can be seen?

I must have at least 1ct, must have at least VS2 and it should be noted that this will be set in yellow gold, though likely a 6-prong setting, but maybe 8 -- the setting will not "surround" the table, so if there are options other than prongs, they may also be taken into account.

I am getting a bit off topic though, can anyone suggest a diamond i should "look" for that will be both large and sparkle, in this price range that gets the most 'bang for the buck' please? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
  • Clarity: 0
  • Table Percent: 0
  • Girdle: 0 0
  • Culet: 00
  • Polish: 0
  • Symmetry: 0
The preceding form was filled out on our Ask DT page.

Hi FirstTimer5, did you find your diamond yet? If not, I'm happy to help you find one. The $5-10K budget is a nice range. You can definitely find a nice 1.00ct ideal cut diamond within that budget. A little larger if you are willing to sacrifice on color/clarity. Let me know and I'm happy to help.

Icerocc 01-24-13 03:27 PM

Re: What can I expect for $5-10K?

You can find a nice .5-1 carat diamond in that range.